My Tire Guage is off...

Started by FASTAZDUC, February 19, 2007, 09:03:48 PM

FASTAZDUC

...by 4 Lbs.  :wah:

What's a good tire gauge that's accurate?

catman

type airpressures and prolly find something in "search" for a faster answer- sometimes theres a lull.........

FASTAZDUC

ahh nope.... but I found that Liquid Tire Gauges are unique.

catman

tire gauge search?- i remember late fall early winter discussion here, o well sorry - iirc,lithiummotorsports  has quality ( racer ) needed stuff

Super Dave

http://intercomp-racing.com/ has really accurate guages. 

The easy thing is to always check your pressures with your track side tire guy with a comparison to your guage.  I do that with Tom Mason with an amount of regularity on my nice guage.  Allow's one to have the correct ruler.
Super Dave

Jeff

The other thing that is important is to use the SAME pressure gauge.  Don't switch up with your buddy or just grab something.  Use your own.  If it's off, at least you'll be consistent.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

onedwn5up

When I get a new gauge I check pressures with 3 dif guages to check for accuracy. This was after discovering that one the guages we were using was off by several pounds. I thought something didnt feel right when I was on the track and when I came in I did back to back pressure checks only to find out we were using a faulty guage. It is not uncommon for a pressure gauge to fall off after a while.

stickboy274

I use the accu gauges. They are cheap, and you can tune them if you have time and patience.

Mine is within .5lbs of my really fancy reset to zero everytime you cut it on digital.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

mattg

I don't think I have a tire guage that's correct.

onedwn5up

Quote from: stickboy274 on February 26, 2007, 09:15:23 PM
I use the accu gauges. They are cheap, and you can tune them if you have time and patience.

Mine is within .5lbs of my really fancy reset to zero everytime you cut it on digital.
this would be an excellent "how-to" post.

dylanfan53

I have a Radio Shack gauge that talks to me.  It's accurate against my other gauges and cost less than $10 on the clearance table.  Also, it was highly rated in some mag that did a comparison.

Now if I could just get it to talk dirty to me.... 
Don Cook
CCS #53

Sobottka

Quote from: mattg on March 06, 2007, 02:35:34 PM
I don't think I have a tire guage that's correct.

get one... its pretty handy
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe