F4I Rev Limiter Gone ?

Started by Mongoose, December 04, 2006, 07:33:07 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

So Dave, since I have no experience here, are you saying that throttle blipping and prudent downshifting are still required with a slipper clutch?  Somehow I had the idea that a slipper clutch was  either transmitting acceleration or letting the bike freewheel.  Is there still engine braking with a slipper clutch?
(This summer I'm gonna try me one-O-them newfanglt bikes with sus-PEN-shun an' rubber tahrs fur shur....)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

Well, it does still have some back torque.

I've watched Spies at Mid-Ohio going into the left hander after the long back straight still manipulating the throttle and the clutch.  Seems like every pick of MotoGP of guys on the brakes starting to lean in has all the riders with their hand still working the clutch too.

It's cool technology, but there are variations in their function.  Rode a Ducati with it, and it was great.  Dump it and go.  Stock R6, well, it's different.
Super Dave