News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2012 Ultralightweight Thunderbike?

Started by diamond, January 05, 2012, 07:54:12 AM

Jiggyfly

One more thing.....I was as every BHF round for basically the last 10 years, as a spectator. I raced supermoto after some years racing with CCS. I witnessed the paltry grids of 2010 & 2011!!!! I saw the races go from 35 amateur middleweight grids to 6! Now I'm talking about a grid of possibly 10 or more 250's at that same track in 2012!
Yeah......it was a new class last year......& the first race with it didn't happen until the last round of the season. There were 5 bikes.

There's growth for you. & I know every person that'll be on the grid, personally. & they all want SS spec. 

Tri74x

Alright, if you want to do it, then do it. Complaining does nothing. We need to be specific and have unity in this effort. CCS won't do the work for us! First: somebody (Miguel?)- write the rules how you'd like to see them. Take your time and get it right. Second: send out to everyone you can so we can all comment and get them fully vetted. Once the draft is approved by everyone- we'll need ALL your signatures that says so.

Now we've got a rules proposal!

Forward this proposal (accompanied by all documentation) to CCS and respecfully request under Rule 1.2.1 "ASRA and CCS having promulgated these regulations may modify, add to, delete from, or grant exceptions to these regulations at any time." Also, CC Mr. DeGouw on any correspondance (I assume this rule change is just for Florida region?)
I know this may take a while, maybe even have to save it for a new rule proposal for next year. If so, we've got this year to get some more bikes signed on. Or hell, they may just OK it right off the bat and issued an addendum. Don't know till we try.

Point is: CCS is a business, not a day care center. Address it as such and we might very well prevail.

Jason

vance

Good post, Jason.
I'm in.  I'm willing to pre-register for the remaining Fl rounds and have drafted a letter stating the same to show my commitment to this effort.  As far as what happens in the meantime, I can promise all of you, my bike will sit in the garage untouched from round to round.  I don't have the ability or the time to "build" it.  That was the whole point of this class for me; a bike that I can roll off the trailer, race, and then stick in the corner of the garage until the next round.

Tri74x

Cool. Anybody else? What say ye? I'll sign on and help where I can but I ain't writing it. I'll be effectively eliminating my bike from the class and don't know diddly about the 250's anyway. I understand specclassracing has a facebook thingy. Maybe we can all join so better to communicate/view new rule proposals, talk to each other, etc.. if he would be so gracious to host. Rule shouldn't be that hard really. Other race organizations run "super-stock" 250's? Just cut/paste their rule and tweak how you like. Communicate here or facebook or e-mail, then when we all like it- meet up a race or two to get everyones signature and pop it in the mail.
Then, sit back knowing your badass for getting shite done.

MAZZ77X

Quote from: Jiggyfly on February 15, 2012, 07:11:44 PM
If you actually read the posts.....were lobbying FORa stock class, & CCS made the rules for allowing UNLIMITED mods as long as you stay 250cc's

I'm pretty sure thats what he wants as well.................

Jiggyfly

Easy-

Call it "250 Supersport" (everyone knows what this means)
Allow the other displacement/configurations listed in the current rule book. (although I have to feel that a 35+hp 250f MX bike would run away from a ninja 250)
Allow 17" wheel upgrades & 08+ fork conversions.

Mix until stirred & serve.

bruce71198

Jiggyfly

bruce71198

Check this;
6.4 THUNDERBIKE [/size]- Thunderbike machines, except single cylinder machines, are
based upon production models, sold by manufacturers and their dealers in North
America for street use. Proof of compliance rests with the competitor entering the
motorcycle. Single cylinder and 250 GP machines are exempt from production and[/b]

street use requirements.
[/size]All machines must have unaltered VIN numbers

Knedragon

The Moriwaki(and yes its stock  :lmao: ) was in the 37's at Homestead (quickest I ran there was a 36.3) .... not sure if in the right hands a Kawi 250 would be anywhere near that??
Oh boy,Not another Oil Spewing diesel!!

Jiggyfly

Add: NO GP chassis in ULW.

Good catch, Bruce!

Jiggyfly

Quote from: Knedragon on February 18, 2012, 11:36:26 AM
The Moriwaki(and yes its stock  :lmao: ) was in the 37's at Homestead (quickest I ran there was a 36.3) .... not sure if in the right hands a Kawi 250 would be anywhere near that??

In short.....no. A Moriwaki should crush an ex250