News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2015 RULES

Started by MACOP1104, September 30, 2014, 07:57:32 AM

Gino230

Why should the GP bikes be eliminated from GT? They are already eliminated from the Superbike, F40, and Thunderbike classes. Will you guys be happy when they are not allowed in GP either?

If you want to go "all WERA like" that's ok with me, they allow frame and engine swaps, as well as downsizing to meet displacement limits. So the hybrids and the 565 would be allowed in superbike.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

LWT Racer

Quote from: Gino230 on October 03, 2014, 10:38:15 AM
Why should the GP bikes be eliminated from GT? They are already eliminated from the Superbike, F40, and Thunderbike classes. Will you guys be happy when they are not allowed in GP either?

If you want to go "all WERA like" that's ok with me, they allow frame and engine swaps, as well as downsizing to meet displacement limits. So the hybrids and the 565 would be allowed in superbike.

GTL endurance class is what I want them out of because they are finishing top 5 overall no problem because there is almost no speed difference. Faceplant Ducati was 3rd overall at VIR only behind Lloyd Baily (GSXR1000) and Eric Helmbach(s1000rr).  GP is the class they should be allowed in and that's it.

And what you say about WERA rules and SBK is not true. hybrids and 565 are not allowed in SBK. They are only allowed in F2 which is a GP class.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Capitalview

GP bikes are allowed in F40.

apriliaman

Quote from: Swiest on October 03, 2014, 10:55:25 AM
GTL endurance class is what I want them out of because they are finishing top 5 overall no problem because there is almost no speed difference. Faceplant Ducati was 3rd overall at VIR only behind Lloyd Baily (GSXR1000) and Eric Helmbach(s1000rr).  GP is the class they should be allowed in and that's it.

And what you say about WERA rules and SBK is not true. hybrids and 565 are not allowed in SBK. They are only allowed in F2 which is a GP class.

Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

bruce71198

Can of worms; open here........

tony216

If they pulled LWGP bikes out of GTL, they should allow all LWGP bikes in Thunderbike.  I think they fit the theme of the class better than the 749R does. 

Gino230

Quote from: Swiest on October 03, 2014, 10:55:25 AM

Yes and the top finishing SV was 8th overall, ahead of ALL but one of the 600 teams. Also Faceplant was Greg Melka riding who is one of the top club racers in the US.

RE WERA; frame and engine swaps ARE PERMITTED in SB classes.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gino230

Quote from: tony216 on October 04, 2014, 01:06:25 PM
If they pulled LWGP bikes out of GTL, they should allow all LWGP bikes in Thunderbike.  I think they fit the theme of the class better than the 749R does. 

I think we should rebuild the entire class structure so the SV can dominate. Forget all those Ducati guys. Forget that the bike is 10 years old. Forget that the SV's still win the majority of LW races. Hell, if CCS were smart, they'd just ditch all the LW classes and make it the SV cup!

Which begs the question.....if this is such a pressing issue, why isn't it in front of the rules committee? I believe the Daytona mailer stated there were no proposals in front of the committee?

I am only getting sucked into this discussion out of boredom anyway, as I said, I made the move to Middleweight.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23

LWT Racer

Yes Greg is amazing. So is that bike. End of story.

That SV/Ducati discussion can stay in the other thread.  We don't need to repeat it all AGAIN.

There is no need to submit a proposal to CCS about it because Kevin isn't going to do anything.  The only viable rule changed is to have TC moved to end of day on Saturday.

Also, CCS should dump supertwins, and yes I race supertwins but it's a waste of time to have 4 bikes out there, they are losing money on that.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

LWT Racer

Quote from: Gino230 on October 06, 2014, 01:45:50 PM
RE WERA; frame and engine swaps ARE PERMITTED in SB classes.
You are still wrong about WERA SBK. This is from WERA rulebook

"In Superbike the original combination of frame and motor must be maintained except in the case of similar models with directly interchangeable engines." 
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

tony216

I don't have an SV. Just stating my opinion.

Quote from: Gino230 on October 06, 2014, 01:49:24 PM
I think we should rebuild the entire class structure so the SV can dominate. Forget all those Ducati guys. Forget that the bike is 10 years old. Forget that the SV's still win the majority of LW races. Hell, if CCS were smart, they'd just ditch all the LW classes and make it the SV cup!

Which begs the question.....if this is such a pressing issue, why isn't it in front of the rules committee? I believe the Daytona mailer stated there were no proposals in front of the committee?

I am only getting sucked into this discussion out of boredom anyway, as I said, I made the move to Middleweight.

LWT Racer

Tony, you should be mad your Buells are being left out of all this controversy.  :biggrin:

Or do they take themselves out.  :lmao:    :cheers:
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer