new lightweight battery for 09 R6

Started by SV88, June 25, 2013, 01:04:22 PM

SV88

I bought a motolithium battery (350g) from a guy in Fl and had issues with it.  Now it won't seem to charge.  Looking @ the Shorai which weighs 980g but costs at least $120.  Are there any other options out there?  I endurance the bike occasionally & have no problem putting back on the charger after each sprint or practice session.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

ChrisWells

I ran a Shorai for a year and a half on my F1 sidecar (05 Honda CBR1000RR) and was quite happy with it. Just put a Ballistic in my F2 sidecar (07 Yamaha R6). Have 3 weekends on it with no complaints. Not sure it is any cheaper though. The computerized chargers for both a pretty pricey but I got away with a Battery Tender knock off between races when the charging circuit on my F1 packed it in for a few races.

Chris Wells
SRA #1

MELK-MAN

i like the Ballistic batteries, sold by Chip with KWS motorsports. I have had one in each of my 2008 r6 bikes for 3 years now. Zero issues. Get the 8 cell for a 600cc or bigger bike at minimum. 4 cell is only a little lighter (and the 8cell is crazy light already) but so much more cranking power.
DO NOT CHARGE THESE L.I. batteries like a lead cell bat. 15 MIN AT MOST. . you will ruin them if charged longer. I have never had to charge mine by the way..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

gixxer188

I sell Antigravity Batteries and my entire team uses the 8-cell in our litre bikes.  I have started my bike in temps as cold as 37 degrees without a problem.  I have never had to charge the battery and I've been using it for 3 years now without any problems.  I only remove it from the bikes over the winter months and bring it inside.

http://www.madisonsbk.com/shop/antigravity-batteries-lifepo4-small-case-style/
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion