News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Lightweight rules 2011?

Started by Gino230, November 24, 2010, 10:13:32 AM

roadracer162

Good racing at Jennings this past weekend. It seems as though the lightweight grids were larger than the middleweight grids which is a huge contrast from years gone by.

Al I had a birds eye view of you being pushed wide into T1 and expected you to come by in short order.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

vnvbandit

I agree! Grids 15 rows deep!
The east side of the paddock looked like a Ducati dealership!   :ass:
Got a 3rd 4th & 5th  I had a blast!  :thumb:
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

PlayHard

Yup, fun times at Jennings.  Nice grids and some great racing! 

Marc, the ultra-light race was going to be a battle to the finish but unfortunately I got a little over anxious going into turn-one and got pushed off by Charlie.  You pinched me off in turn one to get in behind Charlie at the start and I knew it was going to be a struggle to get back by both of you in six laps so coming out of 14 I had the draft from you two being side-by-side and just went way to hot into one on the outside of Charlie.  With you taking the inside line, Charlie turned in so late, I just ran out of track.  Stupid me, I should have just braked and tucked back in behind you guys.  No big deal, that's racing and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! 
CCS / WERA EX #95

roadracer162

Sorry dude if I piched you too much. i was so wide into T1 I ended up in the pit out lane. I tried to leav enough room on the inside for you but maybe it just wasn't enough. it was quite a bit of wrk to get by Charlie and I did several times only to have him throw it in again. It was a good race regardless. Hope you are uninjured.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

Was that you limping around in the grass?   Might have been th f40

apriliaman

I was struggling for rear traction on my ducati and was thinking it was a drift bike,so I could not ride it like I know I can.My SV ran great and I did 1.2 sec faster then my lap record on that bike.Overall I was faster on the SV then my DUC,which is not supposed to happen.Even If I put a new rear tire my finishing position would have been the same.I may have gone 1 sec faster,but I needed 3 sec faster.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

roadracer162

Mark, what times were you turning?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

apriliaman

I did 24's on both bikes,I have gone low 23 on duc before when it was almost stock..Jennings is not my best track.
3 National Championships

roadracer162

Times are up on myracingbio. I can see what yoou meant whre you were faster and ore consistent on the SV. was it the tire change you made at Roebling a factor at Jennings? I found the grip to be good and the only exception was in T3 where I tucked the front chasing the Heavyweight F40 guys on the first lap. it was probably my most satisfying race with cosistent lap times. I wasn't the fastest guy out there but it was a very rare expert win for me.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

PlayHard

Mark, you should have tried softening up the rear shock a bit for grip.  My Buell was the same way there last year.  You really have to let the rear squat a lot at Jennings.  The big twins have so much torque exiting the tight corners making it tricky at that track.  Remember what happened to me last year,  You got it all on film.   I Soften up the rear, no more problems with grip.  I missed you and Darrell being in the mix with me.   
CCS / WERA EX #95

apriliaman

i'll try that next time when I am there.I had no problems at carolina with grip,only the  long right turn before the last turn and i was running real close to my record with that bike.
3 National Championships