News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Re-wiring Ignition

Started by gsxrsrad1000, March 04, 2005, 09:55:09 AM

gsxrsrad1000

Pertaining to an 03-04 Gsxr 1000

Has anyone on here ever re-wired their ignition so they to not have to use the key?  I re-wired mine and so far so good.  Only problem is I am waiting on my gas tank to see if the bike will run.  I posted something about a month ago about this same thing, and one person told me that there is a resistance wire that must connected or ran in order for the bike to run.  Well, after following wiring mappings, I have come to the conclusion that I believe its the think Orange wire with the yellow tracer.  This Orange and yellow wire goes directly back to the main fuse.  on the 01-02 it looks as though it goes back to the ECM.  Either way, I know the bike will crank over by connecting the Thick Orange and Red (12volt) wire.  Is that all I need?  If I need to wire that Orange wire w/yellow tracing, where would I wire that too?  Lik I mentioned, I am not sure if I will have to because I haven't been able to test yet due to my gas tank not arriving yet.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,
Paul

cardzilla

Not sure about the GSX-R, but on a 600 RR you need a diode mounted backwards.  It is a theft deterent so that you can't hotwire the thing.  You won't find a diagram in your manual, either.  The best way is to take the cylinder apart and use a multimeter to see what's going on... then just wire in a switch and the appropriate resistor or diode (make sure of which it actually is).
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Protein Filled

Check out the following page on the WERA board. Look about halfway down. There is a post with all the details you need:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=0427e4872750d9a8348355b5026cc3c5&threadid=72143
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

gsxrsrad1000

Cool, thanks, Numbskullz, perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for.  Appreciate the help.  Time to get my track bike on the track :)