News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Suspension

Started by Thingy, November 13, 2002, 08:01:07 AM

Thingy

Ok.  Let's open up a can of worms.  Several of you are well aware of my suspension woes.  I have a '00 GSX-R750 with a Race-Tech'd front end.  

While I understand what the available suspension adjustments do, I rarely mess with them and just ride.  Yes, I know this is bad, and their have been times where I try to adjust the suspension.  Others try to help as well.  I am getting faster, but it has been a tough task.

Everybody that has ridden my bike thinks the front end is terrible.  Most of you guys have been trying to get me to go with Traxxion.  

So, here is what I would like some feedback on:  I would not only like to know everybody's opinion, but ALSO why.  If you think one brand is better, is it because the parts are better?  Do they have more knowledge recommending the correct shim stack?  Service after the sale?  Let's have it.  Thanks.

-Bill
MW EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

YTAK_Racing

All I can tell you is that we had Traxxion do our front forks on all our bikes. 3-Aprilia RS250's 1-GSXR 600 and 1-GSXR 750.

We never had any trouble.  If we ever needed anything the did it without question.

Jon Wuytack

Big Show Racing/ YTAK Racing

TZDeSioux

LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE

Thingy

Hi Jon-

My bike was the other GSX-R that Hanson was riding down at Daytona with you.  After hopping off of yours, he REALLY started hounding me about the suspension on my bike.

-Bill
MW EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Dawn

Paul has a SV650 and had Race Tech springs in the front forks. The forks either weren't set up properly or just plain wrong.  After a crash that bent the front forks, we sent them to Traxxion.  They straigten them, put in new springs and fork seals and Paul said that they were 100% better than before.

The price that Traxxion quoted was the price that we paid and they were very courteous and helpful.

Dawn  

Dawn

QuoteLE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE LE

Brian are you feeling ok?

Dawn   :-[

TZDeSioux

QuoteBrian are you feeling ok?

Dawn   :-[

LMAO..... Lindemann Engineering :D :D :D :D

Dawn

QuoteLMAO..... Lindemann Engineering :D :D :D :D

Ohhhh.....

Dawn   :)

YTAK_Racing

Bill,  

Yes, I do remember kevin's remarks...something about fear of dying...LOL ;D

Has the bike been in a good get off?  You might want to take the bike over to 4&6 and make sure the frame is not out of wack.

Take care

Jon

tcchin

Bill,

As I've stated elsewhere in this forum, PPS in Anaheim, CA is the place that survived our team's down-select process. Parts is parts, but it's the combination of parts that makes the system work right. Identifying the proper combination requires talent and experience. Fortunately, Stig Pettersson, owner of PPS, has loads of both.

Your '00 GSX-R750 comes with Showa forks with pistons that are very similar to Ohlins Road & Track forks. Get the valving right, and your forks' performance can come very close to that of the R&T's. Kick in a couple hundred more, and you can have Ohlins Superbike pistons retrofitted, which will yield performance levels approaching those of the $7K Ohlins Superbike forks.

Let me make it clear that I am in no way affiliated with PPS, nor does PPS provide us with more than a racer discount and some stickers. They are just a damn good shop, and one in which I have every confidence.

bweber

Since I have installed a number of Race-Tech gold Vales, Gold Valve Emulators and spring kits I am interested in this topic.  However, I see a number of suggestions on alternatives to Race-Tech, but no reasoning.  It feels better, is not a real scientific reason.  There is only so much that can be different.  The piston diameter must be the same, so the only difference can be in the valve orifices and shim stack.  Why is LE or Traxxion better?  Could a different shim stack selection make Bill's bike handle like a dream?  Where is Max or Jim? They need to sell their services.

bweber

BTW- Hanson is just a puss who is scared of a little wallow, weave, chatter and sliding.  I mean it's only Daytona! ;D