Rules proposal - 3.4.2 - For 2008 REV 4/03/07

Started by Super Dave, March 28, 2007, 09:09:54 AM

Super Dave

Proposal

Current rule:

3.4.2 - CCS Series Gridding Procedures
A. Unless otherwise stated, riders will be gridded in order of entry for CCS Sprint Events.  (Note:  CCS affiliates may use different grid order procedures.  Check with the local organization for specific information on gridding.)

Proposed Rule Change

3.4.2 CCS Series Gridding Procedures
A. Unless otherwise stated, riders will be gridded pre entered riders first by most current regional class points standings, post entered riders by order of entry.  If a rider has points in multiple regions, the highest point standing will be used.  (Note:  CCS affiliates may use different grid order procedures.  Check with the local organization for specific information on gridding.)
     i.  Riders will be gridded for opening regional events by order of entry.

Proposal - Version MkII

3.4.2 CCS Series Gridding Procedures
A. Unless otherwise stated, riders will be gridded pre entered riders first by most current regional class standings with host region riders first, other region riders at random; post entered riders by order of entry.  If a rider has class standings in multiple regions, the highest class standing will be used.  (Note:  CCS affiliates may use different grid order procedures.  Check with the local organization for specific information on gridding.)
     i.  Riders will be gridded for opening region events by order of entry only.

Super Dave

Super Dave

I have not made this proposal formally to Kevin or Eric at this time.  I would appreciate input on ways to potentially improve this idea.

I understand that there are those that prefer to have entries based on pre entry dates.  This rule is probably something that you're not going to support.

There are many that do recognize that their grids are determined by their entry.  I, and I'm sure others, recognize that there is a great deal of cyniscism about grids.  "I'm gridded there because I didn't pre enter for the whole season in December."

Yes, a really good rider can win from the back. 

But is it reasonable to try to reward consistent customers?  I feel that it is.  I've always felt that there are ways to try to keep racers involved in the sport a little longer than the two to three years that seem to be the average.  I've always felt this was a way to reward those who are regular competitors with an organization.

Certainly, this opportunity would only apply to those CCS areas that are under the direct control of CCS.  Other entities such as Henry's region in Florida, Dean's region in the Great Plains, and the LRRS region would have the opportunity to use or not use this system.

I have discussed this possibility over many, many years.  The software was not available to CCS in the 2001 era, but I would think that it should be an opportunity now. 

Personally, I haven't been entering as many races as I used to just a few years ago because of this gridding issue. 

I look forward to replies.
Super Dave

SnacktimeKC

You'd think with all the fancy computers in the world these days this wouldn't be that hard to implament. It's got my support.   -Snack

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

bambam

I ike to pre register so for grid position but that is really only so that the fast guys have to pass me. in a short race it gives me a better chance at a better finish.

JBraun

For 2008, fine.

If they did it this year I would probably blow a gasket. A change like this would need to be made before pre-entries opened for the year.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Sobottka

Quote from: JBraun on March 28, 2007, 12:46:58 PM
For 2008, fine.

If they did it this year I would probably blow a gasket. A change like this would need to be made before pre-entries opened for the year.
+1!!  i busted my ass to pre-reg for this season! 
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Court Jester

i think it should be based on points. if you are doing the full season and you are busting your butt to make the races, that shows you are a good customer as well as shows you are fighting for something. i think grids should be done by points. just my two cents
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

PJ721

yup...makes sense to reward the ones that do the best and race the most often...
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Super Dave

Totally agree on the 2008 thing guys.  Really this is the best time to probably develop and submit a proposal.  We'll all be available to get ideas, etc.  By the time fall and winter hits, we all loose momentum.

If there is anything that could be done to improve this, or to cover ground that isn't covered for various contingencies, I would appreciate the input.
Super Dave

weggieman

Damn all that points and pre-entry crap. I wanna see heat races!!!

catman

+1 on some of the faster guys up front =less side by side racing- things will spread out quicker without incidents usually...It is just clubracing where safety is #1........But JB is right - preentries have been made for the season already,by some folks, great 4 "08" :thumb: