ccs trial run?

Started by britx303, May 16, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

britx303

Quote from: roadracer162 on May 22, 2014, 08:12:48 PM
I covered this already. Yes it does report that for a true FZR 600 which I have a 630cc motor for it. It also states in Thunderbike same frame, crankcase and head which means the FZR 400 frame must have an fzr400 crankcase, and head. What is allowed in this FZR 400 is if you were to install FZR 600 components into the FZR 400 crankcase then you are good to go. The FZR 600 crank does fit with a little machining. I have one such short block which I hope to put into one of my FZR 400 frames. The weak point of this motor will be the transmission.
:biggrin:i know, I was giving a lighthearted response to the 600 not being very thunderous remark.but I wasn't having a pee-match,just playing.please again not pee matching with anyone :cheers:

roadracer162

Ahhhh...i missed it, sorry.  Honestly I say race Thunderbike because i don't really believe you will be there tearing it up and beating everyone by a long shot.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

britx303

nope,i know I wont be spanking any backsides,whatsoever,but im fine with that.i would like to just get out there and do what I can do respectably and cleanly.

bruce71198

Quote from: britx303 on May 22, 2014, 07:28:42 PM
the rulebook does say under thunderbike, liquid cooled 4 cylinder 1990-1992 year up to 650cc.

Ah, yes I do remember 90 through 92 those where some thunderous 600's but only when pumped to 650cc's, all the others, forget about it !

britx303

:thumb: the trial run was awesome!! I was always steered from CCS,but it goes to show I should just do what I feel "I"need to.thank you guys for fitting me in,and I will be back with yall at summit in a month :biggrin: I was surprised at how many people came up to me happy to see an fzr out there. some were guys that used to race one and some were sons of racers that raced on them.very,very cool,and I had an awesome time.thanks again!!!

roadracer162

Brit, you have inspired me to get back out on my FZR.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Gino230

Glad you got out and raced, CCS is a fun crowd and a good organization. I have been racing with them for 15 years now, and at times I have been slightly annoyed, but I always seem to end up having a good time and coming back for more.

Too often the forum is full of negatives. No organization is perfect and you will be hard pressed to make everyone happy, but I think they are pretty fair overall. Just don't get me started on rulebook interpretations ;)
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

SVbadguy

Compare the Summit Pt paddock with CCS to that of WERA.  That ought to tell you something.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

britx303

Quote from: roadracer162 on May 26, 2014, 11:01:22 AM
Brit, you have inspired me to get back out on my FZR.
:thumb: I cannot express how well received I or my bike was.i really am in awe,as ive always heard everyone at ccs hates old bikes....but I wouldn't have known that this weekend.

Ramsfan80

Quote from: britx303 on May 26, 2014, 08:56:47 AM
:thumb: the trial run was awesome!! I was always steered from CCS,but it goes to show I should just do what I feel "I"need to.thank you guys for fitting me in,and I will be back with yall at summit in a month :biggrin: I was surprised at how many people came up to me happy to see an fzr out there. some were guys that used to race one and some were sons of racers that raced on them.very,very cool,and I had an awesome time.thanks again!!!

I'd fit in the category of "sons of guys who used to race one" haha great seeing you out there. Good to see the fzr is still alive. My fiancé couldn't figure out why I was so "in love with that bike" (referring to the old style look and seeing all the brand new 600s she had her choice lol) but hey I'm a sucker for the classics. Good job man can't wait to see you out there in a month! :cheers:

Gino230

Quote from: SVbadguy on May 26, 2014, 09:54:10 PM
Compare the Summit Pt paddock with CCS to that of WERA.  That ought to tell you something.

Is WERA worse or better? I have kicked around the idea of doing a few WERA rounds but they all involve major traveling for me.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

britx303

worse or better depending what you are looking for.......CCS has by far larger grids,and everyone was very serious and ready to go at all costs(the impression I got). WERA is a little more relaxed and very grassroots,so-to-speak.WERA unfortunately is struggling with participation at the moment. nothing wrong with running in both,as this isn't the most popular sport in the states and we should really support one another,as no one else will.