News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Spring Daytona

Started by jim_p, December 10, 2002, 02:36:07 AM

jim_p

I,m looking to head down to Daytona for the CCS races this spring from Wisconsin. If anyone is interested in going from the area and is looking to split expense, e-mail me at proracr34@aol.com - I'm not going to camp and hotels are usually expensive enough to split. I want to go to the Wednesday practice and stay until Sunday night-returning sometime on Monday.

KBOlsen

We should be down there for about 10 days for the races and Bike Week... I'm looking for a 2-BR condo to rent that has a private garage.  We stayed at a place last year that was absolutely wonderful, and not unreasonably expensive.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

sdiver68

Given the number of bike thefts down there every year, a private garage seems like an excellent idea!

I'm going, not sure where I'm staying...probably at the track during the race weekend and in Orlando AMA week....unless I enter the AMA race :O
MCRA Race School Instructor

TreyBone

You can't stay at the track!!  The daytona security runs your a$$ out of there around 6:00PM

ecumike

So am I hearing correctly... You can't stay/camp at the track and/or leave your bike there overnight, and you shouldn't stay at a hotel and leave your bike in the back of your truck there either?

So where does everyone stay? (if oyu don't have a trailer, like me)

Protein Filled

You can leave your bike at the track overnight, you just have to be out of there by 6:00 pm.

If you need to work on your bike, you can go to the MMI institute a few blocks away and work there as long as you need to for free.

If you have to leave your bike in your truck/trailer, I would make sure to lock it with a nice, thick, hardened, strong chain... ;)
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

thetireguy

The track has motorhome sites on the outside of the west end of the speedway for something like $150.00 for the week. No electric but they have a water fill hose and offer pump out services. No tents.

GSXR RACER MIKE

I have stayed at the Super 8 motel a few miles to the west of the track (on the other side of the interstate). It isn't anything fancy, but it was affordable and close (only takes about 5 minutes to get to the track). There is also a Denny's restraunt, a McDonalds, and a gas station located there. Alot of restraunts and businesses are located between the Super 8 and the track also.
   On the down side, I stayed there in '99 during the Race of Champions / Biketoberfest event in October and it turned out alot of the Harley street bikers were staying there also. That wasn't a problem until they came rolling in at 3a.m. every morning riding there loud *** bikes down the outside halls (revving the hell out of 'em for about an hour) and parking in the halls in front of there rooms.
   In '98 I stayed on the beach in a hotel along A1A, several miles north of Speedway Blvd. That was nice being able to walk on the beach and all that, but it took me about 20 - 30 minutes to get to the track (depending on traffic).
   Make sure and make reservations A.S.A.P. for a room. If it turns out you don't like the hotel you picked you will probably be able to find another room (most hotels will keep a limited # of rooms open for people without reservations - but those typically disappear quick!).
   Also, if you haven't been there before it takes about 20 hours (pulling a trailer) from Rockford, Il. to Daytona Beach, Fl. That is doing combined stops (gas, food, & restrooms) and AVERAGING about 65 m.p.h.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

OmniGLH

Quote  Also, if you haven't been there before it takes about 20 hours (pulling a trailer) from Rockford, Il. to Daytona Beach, Fl. That is doing combined stops (gas, food, & restrooms) and AVERAGING about 65 m.p.h.

Wow that's not too bad.  I would LOVE to do it but there's no way I'd get the time off.  After requesting off just my race weekends for next year (and my boss FLIPPED over it...) I only have a few vacation days left.  Need to save those days for emergencies, etc.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak