News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2011 AM to EX Bump List

Started by gixxer188, December 08, 2010, 10:08:04 AM

honda60071

Quote from: mikendzel on December 09, 2010, 03:08:52 PM
At Bill999s, great work Big Cat!  You better race in 2011 too!!!
are you healed up yet or what!
Shawn

Peter998

Love it Can't wait to mix it up with the white plates next year. I will prob get my ass kicked, but I still want my white plates.
Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing

grasslander

Quote from: scubabill on December 08, 2010, 07:05:53 PM
I think you might be able to work in a podium or two.... :biggrin:

Let the petitioning commence.....

"But I just repainted my tail yellow" sounds like a good reason to me.   ::)

But I DID just paint my tail section yellow...
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions

Ducmarc

So file this list check licences for renewal in 2012 and see how many give up after a year in expert. As for me I'd like enough points next year to go to expert then retire for good with a white plate

bill999s

Thanks everybody. I had a great time this year (except maybe for the final race @ cmp, and yeah I'm all healed up) and although I most likely won't make as many races next year I'll still be around for a while. Well, at least I hope to be.

smoke54

come on Bill, you know you need to Team Challenge next year!  Sean, bring the big duc to SuperTwins!
see ya in the spring!:)
tim

mikendzel

Quote from: honda60071 on December 09, 2010, 06:38:21 PM
are you healed up yet or what!

Not yet Shawn, I was only able to get to 3 rounds this year.  The first round sucked because it was my first track experience back from breaking my wrist in 2009, and the last round, someone had inadvertently sabotaged my bike with bad ignition coils and leaky fork seals....  I'm hoping to move up after the VIR round in June.

drew231506

CCS Expert# 13

drew231506

Quote from: Spcassell on December 09, 2010, 11:31:12 AM
Thinking long and hard about the lightweight class for next year. If only them damn Bimota's and Ducati's weren't legal. Might have to start looking for a Paul Smart. Any word on their reliability.

No you arent.  600...VIR...i get a headstart this time.
CCS Expert# 13

JCP636

Goodbye and good luck Drew and Derrick (and everyone else who got bumped), I'll take good care of the ametuer MW classes for you guys, haha. Meet you up there in 2012! ;)
Some may never live, but the crazy never die...

ccs#188

poppop587

:preachon:Well I guess that I will be an expert next year.  I have read about the points needed to get bumped and never really agreed with it.  Supposedly you need 400 points and that is impossible for some racers.  I have been racing since 2004 and have never reached 400 points.  I was bumped this year with adjusted points of 183.  My percentage was in the 750 range.  Last year I had more points, (not 400) and had a percentage in the 900's and was not bumped.  I never raced enough in the classes that count towards bump points.  I am glad that I am going expert, it will make me get faster.

Now to my other reason for finally posting on the Forum.  As much as I will hate not racing with my friends in CCS very much next year, it is not due to my lack of racing.  I will be running most of my races with WERA because of the rule changes that keep affecting the LW class in CCS.  The LW class used to be a class where someone who wanted to get into racing could do so with a chance of winning withour having spent the family fortune.  Over the past few years this has changed.  They have added Buells, 1000cc Ducati's, Bimoto's, and now they have thrown in the 125 and 250 GP bikes.  It really makes me think that it should be changed to the Hodge Podge Class or the dumping ground class for all bikes that don't fit well into another class.  The SV's now need to be built to a great extent to be competitive in the class costing the rider money that many of us do not have or want to spend.  In the past you could buy a race prepped SV for $2500.00 to $3500.00 and be competitive.  This is no longer possible.  A TZ250 at VIR is capable of running lap times that would be within the 110% needed to run the AMA Superbike race.  The GP bike were not eligible to bump to the LW class for a reason.  That reason has not changed.  The fact that there may be fewer of them and they can not fill a class grid on their own is not a reason to put them in a class that they had previously not been allowed in for good reason.

The horsepower to weight argument does not work either.  I was on the track this last year with bikes that on the straights made me think my chain had fallen off.  My SV is no slouch.  This HP gap made us ride much more aggressively in the corners because that is the only place we had a chance to pass the larger bikes.  Aggressive is good to a point but the Novice rider does not need to be pushed to that level in the first year or years of racing.

Next is the win percentages argument.  This is also a bad argument.  If you look at the races in a statistically correct manner the large CC bike won a disproportionate percentage of the races entered.  When these bikes make up approximately 10% of the bikes entered and win over 30% of the races it clearly shows that there is an advantage.  Rider skill is supposed to be the difference, not available money.

If you need to have a class for these bikes that is great.  Let them have their own classes.  They do not need to have their own race, they can grid with the LW bikes but not be racing against them for points or plaques.  If the equallity of the bikes is correct as is being stated by putting them in the LW class there will not be a speed or lap time differential that will cause a danger on the track.  You will only need to supply a plaque for the riders.  This would be a much better alternative than causing persons to either quit racing, leave your organization or not get into the sport at all.

Where is the thought process here.  In a time when grids are getting smaller and smaller, less and less people are entering the sport and more and more tracks are being closed due to lack of race dates why would you make the situation worse.  I hope that the powers to be in the CCS organization rethink these changes and address them in time to help save both their organization and Sportsman level motorcycle racing.

I wish the best of luck to all my friends and fellow racers.  I hope to see you this year both on and off the track.  I have not made my decision as to whether I am going to change classes or racing organizations.  I still Love Racing. :preachon:

MACOP1104

They're not gonna change the class rules.  Just race WERA on your SV and you don't need to mess with the air cooled monsters.  That's what I'm doing.  I will do some local CCS stuff and I will go to Daytona.  At the ROC, I'll only race ULWSB and maybe the LW F40.  Any other class on my SV would just be a waste of time....