07 GSXR 600 Engine Case Guard question

Started by PhilTheBiker, May 13, 2011, 01:53:05 PM

PhilTheBiker

CCS Racing Question: Does anyone know if these woodcraft part numbers will allow an 07 GSXR 600 to pass tech for the 'case guards' portion?
"60-0247RB - WoodCraft, GSXR600/750 '06-08 RH Clutch Cover Protector, Black Anodized"
I can't find a part number for the Left Side that is cheap an meets the requirements other than "60-0247LIB - WoodCraft, GSXR600/750 '06-08 LH Stator Cover, Black Anodized" but that's $200+.

I see the moto-r company is out of business (please correct me if I'm wrong).  If you have a suggestion for another brand that would be great as well.  I'd like to not spend $300 - $500 on case guards.
Thanks,
Phillip

2blueYam

There are some cheaper options out there:  GB Racing (goes over your stock stator cover), NRC (not sure if they make one for your model).  With that said, I have used an NRC in the past but now I have Woodcraft covers on my bike.  They are worth the money because it is a lot cheaper to replace a $20 slider instead of the whole cover.  I haven't done that in practice yet, but the theory is good.  I believe Vortex also make pretty good covers, but I don't think they are much cheaper.
R1 for Track, FZ1 for Street

Gixxerblade

The L
Quote from: PhilTheBiker on May 13, 2011, 01:53:05 PM
CCS Racing Question: Does anyone know if these woodcraft part numbers will allow an 07 GSXR 600 to pass tech for the 'case guards' portion?
"60-0247RB - WoodCraft, GSXR600/750 '06-08 RH Clutch Cover Protector, Black Anodized"
I can't find a part number for the Left Side that is cheap an meets the requirements other than "60-0247LIB - WoodCraft, GSXR600/750 '06-08 LH Stator Cover, Black Anodized" but that's $200+.

I see the moto-r company is out of business (please correct me if I'm wrong).  If you have a suggestion for another brand that would be great as well.  I'd like to not spend $300 - $500 on case guards.
Thanks,
Phillip
H side is the water pump cover one, right? I think you're only option for a WoodCraft is the $200 one. It's beautiful.

GSXR RACER MIKE

The covers are there to not only protect your own bike from damage, but more importantly to stop oil from getting on the track and potentially causing OTHER RACERS to crash. Most experienced racers can tell stories of crashes as a result of other racers choices, a great example being an off-brand cheap oil filter failing on one of the bikes and spraying oil all over the track for quite some distance - that led to a 7 bike pile-up in the 'Kink' at Road America. The minimal amount of money that was saved on that oil filter resulted in ALOT of damage to the bikes involved, multiple injuries, and racers going to the Hospital.

As some friendly advice: If your just getting into racing there's some things you should just accept as being needed and haul off and bite the cost for the better stuff. If that means your going to have to skip an event or two in order to afford those things than so be it, investing the extra money is the smart choice in the long run. In my opinion also don't skimp on personal protection for yourself, on your bike invest extra money on suspension upgrades, good brake pads, good tires, and quality bodywork (better stuff is often times more damage resistant and repairable).

Being a Tool & Die Maker of 21 years I can tell you the Woodcraft covers are high quality and worth the (most likely) one time investment per bike - the very reason I also have the Woodcraft covers on my bike. Good luck!  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

PhilTheBiker

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I'm not trying to buy some cheap $10 part from an off the wall manufacturer in China, but was hoping for a part that was not $300 - $400.  I am all about safety for myself as well as other racers. 

Since I have only raced with WERA (and I'm not thrilled with them right now for the lack of action they take when someone rear ends you and then lists you as 'Disqualified' instead of 'DNF' or lack of action taken for reckless racers) I was looking at racing with CCS.  My bike is ready and prepped for everything except the engine case guards.  Right now I'm skipping a lot of events because I can't pull a clutch (busted up hand due to reckless racer), but, hope to be ready in the July or August time frame to put down some laps.

I'll go check out the parts mentioned above, again, thanks for everyones input and hope to see you in the paddock. 

bodie1331

I think the Yosh guards are pretty inexpensive also, you only need the guards, not the whole cover.
CCS MA AM 813 / Spiegler,Woodcraft, ASV Inventions, Bridgestone, Pit Bull, Track Tactics Trackdays

JAB3

GB racing are a good option but  are only available in a whole kit for your bike.
yosh bolt overs are pretty affordable and are tough (Ive tested them)
Vortex makes a bolt over cover similar to the Yosh ones.
Woodcrafts are awesome but are more $$$
#114A

KarlL

I am in the same boat. Can someone point out exactly what i need.
There is a woodcraft stator case for 299$ and a stator case cover for 139$ will the cover meet the regs of CCS?
Also the other one i need is a clutch cover?
Only 2 covers then will be needed or do i need the idle cover as well offered by woodcraft?

Apriliapilot

:biggrin: Yosh casecovers are awesome, tested at Daytona worked awesome! $168 set dennis kirk