Daytona (What the Hell is going on there)

Started by Mongrel, October 18, 2001, 06:05:19 PM

Mongrel

I was hoping that I was going to be able to keep up with the FUSA stuff going on down at Daytona this week, but it seems that some of the Internet sites that normally cover the event National Privateer and 2WF seem to have been denied press access.  I was looking forward to following Mark Ledesma and Aaron Clark of Pro Italia as they raced in the Unlimited Superbike.  So is there anyone there?

RickyRacer

That is a shame. Every year it gets worse with less and less coverage.

It seems to me that the Daytona staff doesn't care for motorcycle racing. Personally, I would like to see m/c racing leave Daytona. It's not a safe enough track for the riders, especially at the speeds that are run there.  

There are new tracks popping up allover the place today. Let Daytona keep their damn NASCAR's that their so fond of. Lets move AMA, CCS, FUSA and what ever else out of there and to some place like VIR. It's obvious Daytona need us or want us there.

I will have to race there next season and I'm not looking forward to it. I know I put myself in harms way every time I race but I don't need to endanger myself even more by racing on unsafe track like Daytona.

BTW, another rider was killed at Daytona on Friday October 20, 2001. He was from the west cost. :'(  There was a corner worker involved in the same accident. He was taken to hospital and is in critical condition.  :'(
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

fzr400tony

QuoteBTW, another rider was killed at Daytona on Friday October 20, 2001. He was from the west cost. :'(  There was a corner worker involved in the same accident. He was taken to hospital and is in critical condition.  :'(

does anyone know what happened?  the details i read didn't make any sense.

this really sucks, ccs has lost two riders within a month of each other.

RickyRacer

"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Mongrel

Thanks for the info.

Godspeed to Stuart Stratton.  :'(

SE#39

God speed Stuart.

All of us who participate in the SE region should spare a thought for the official who was injured. Remember the jolly older gent at pit out who enthusiastically waved us onto the track? -- that was Virgil Davies.
I think Virgil is 70+ years old and he just loved the whole racing scene. Lets hope he has a full recovery.