Road America Weather

Started by Jeff, April 02, 2007, 04:51:47 PM

Jeff

I can't help but to look at the forecast for this weekend and think  that the weather gods thought we were headed to Road America...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tstruyk

yeah, my shakedown at Putnam is 'posed to be bout 5 degree's warmer...  :err:

latex gloves and duct tape...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Jeff on April 02, 2007, 04:51:47 PM
I can't help but to look at the forecast for this weekend and think  that the weather gods thought we were headed to Road America...

Arent you a few weeks early for that one?:biggrin:

Remember when the first weekend in April was BHF?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jeff

Yes, I've been in snow at BHF and Road A, and single digits in March at St Louis... 

And I've seen whitecaps in standing water in the corners at Road A...  Very disconcerting...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

aaronz

Hey Guys,

Polish pete and I will be heading to Grattan for a track day this Saturday. Now weather shows it is going to be in the 30's. I went out for a ride last night at Midnight to see how my getup would handle the wind and cold. I wore underarmour, turtleneck and a long sleeve for my chest area. My legs I just wore boxers and a pair of adidas pants. This of course is all under my leather suit. I had Sidi Vertigos, and A* Sp1 gloves. The only cold part I noticed were the tips of my fingers and my crotch. I have been told about the latex gloves, however that is just for the wind. Is there anything else you guys do to help keep the fingers warm? Or is it usually take care of its self once the latex gloves are on? Also I am thinking on putting on a soft cup to try and keep that area a little warmer but dont want it to get in the way when leaning from one side to the other. If you guys have any tips please post them. Thanks

Court Jester

For me I always wear insulated windbreaker jogging pants under my leathers, a tank top, turtle neck and a hoody sweatshirt to keep the wind off my neck and out of my leathers. Just spread the hood out and around so it fills in some of the gap. For my hands I don't do anything. I just cry about that. The rest of my body stays war though.
I'll be at black hawk on the 11th and the morning temps will be in the 30s. That'll easily be the coldest I've ever been on the track. How do tires do in temps like that?   
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

aaronz

Im gonna guess that my tires will never warm up lol. I wont be able to push them enough to get the temp up because it will be to cold to start with.

tstruyk

pilot powers hook up well in the cold... race rubber will cold tear.

the latex keeps the wind off but also it acts as a "wet suit".  Your fingers sweat and without wind to dry them the sweay warms from your body temp and voila... warm digits!  :thumb:

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

aaronz

I hope so! Lol I remember scuba diving in 46 degree water with a 7mm wet suit. It kept me warm untill I went below the thermalclimb.

tstruyk

Road America in 05 was high mid to high 30's... my hands where fine.  duct tape over the bridge of your nose and helmet.  basically block off your breath from your visor.  that was the only part that I struggled with.  team challange the duct tape peeled back a bit, couldnt see brake markers going into T1 at 150+  :ahhh:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

Burt Munro

Quote from: tstruyk on April 05, 2007, 03:49:38 PM
Road America in 05 was high mid to high 30's...    that was the only part that I struggled with.  team challange the duct tape peeled back a bit, couldnt see brake markers going into T1 at 150+  :ahhh:

I do believe there might be 2 gentlemen who would have a slightly different opinion about that being 'the only part you struggled with'. :ass:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

cheezer64

Silk glove inserts......... THE BEST!