Midwest Storms

Started by Suzy, August 25, 2007, 11:43:08 AM

Suzy

Wow, hope everyone is ok. We've been living on generator power for three days now. Alot of disaster areas are declared too. Hope everyone affected recovers. The sirens went off in my area in Northlake, although I was at work, reminded me of the storm at Gingerman last year when it came in, scarry stuff. My girlfriend said her company put them in the tornado shelter.  :ahhh:

Gotta go, need to check the gas in the generator.  :lmao:

2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

barb_arah

Quote from: Suzy on August 25, 2007, 11:43:08 AM
Wow, hope everyone is ok. We've been living on generator power for three days now. Alot of disaster areas are declared too. Hope everyone affected recovers. The sirens went off in my area in Northlake, although I was at work, reminded me of the storm at Gingerman last year when it came in, scarry stuff. My girlfriend said her company put them in the tornado shelter.  :ahhh:

Gotta go, need to check the gas in the generator.  :lmao:

Gosh!  I hope things get better for you soon!!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

tomholiday

We just got our power back on last night @ 10.30. I was somewhat amazed as to how much I/we rely on electricity. Got really bored really quick so I decided to take a stroll around the neighborhood.

Across the street from my front door.

Looking down the street at the same tree. No biggie.

Right down the alley from our building. Guessing this is why we didn't have power.

My my, whats going on over here?

Sorry, your condo only comes with on street parking.

Errr...

That'll buff right out...

Doh!

This was all within a 4 block radius of where I live and I didn't even realize what was going on. I was laying on the couch, then the satellite went out, then the power, then I decided it was a good time to take a nap.
Tim Haley
EX #211

r1owner

Man!  That Mini held up well!

Burt Munro

Are those temporary tags on the Mini?

I hope he didn't drag his feet on getting it insured!!! :wah:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 25, 2007, 09:29:13 PM
Are those temporary tags on the Mini?

I hope he didn't drag his feet on getting it insured!!! :wah:

Illinois temporary plates, Illinois now requires proof of insurance (covering injury/damage to other people and property) on the vehicle being licensed at the time your getting the temporaries. Now as for having insurance to cover this type of situation is a whole seperate matter!  :banghead:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Suzy

WOW!!

Notice how the trees fell exactly where the new cars would be.  :err:
2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

Team Spalding

Holly Cow! You must have been sleepin hard to miss that.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

tomholiday

Yeah, I was a bit surprise to what I woke up to. However, the guy that lived in front of where the Mini was parked said that he didn't hear a thing and he was awake. Not sure if it was the constant howling wind, but I couldn't imagine a tree that big falling onto a Mini would be all that quiet. Weirdness.
Tim Haley
EX #211

Ducmarc

plenty of wood just in time for winter. looks like our last hurricane nice neighborhood though

Burt Munro

At least with a hurricane you've got a day or 2 advance warning to get the hell out of Dodge.  With bad Thunderstorms and Tornadoes you're lucky if you've got 10 min warning.

Don't get me wrong - I'd just as soon not have to deal with any of that crap. :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Ducmarc

back in the winter we had a tornado come a mile from the house didnt here a thing either. go to bed everythings fine wake up no power ( normal out in the woods) head to work and everything torn to shreads down the street.