News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Why does this always happen! Even here in Germany.

Started by Marsolais, August 22, 2007, 03:50:05 PM

Marsolais

Ok for those that have not been on a group ride or done a poker run on any other ride that has a designated route and a bunch of riders you might not understand.

Ok this is what happened. A bunch of guy got together and organize a ride. One of the guys ask me if I would like to go and reluctantly I say yes. I don't ride on the street that much anymore but I decided to go anyways.

So we meet up and the guy that is in charge lays down the law.

1) No wheelies.
2) No stoppies.
3) No burn outs at the lights.
4) No white lining.
5) No stupid shit that has not been covered.

We where heading up to the hills to hit the curves.

So here's were the title comes in.

:preachon:

As soon as we head out we get to the light out side the post. So one guy revs his bike, then another, then another, then another. Then a burn out. So much for rule three. So the light goes green and sure as shit three guys go flying buy on one wheel and finish it off with stoppies. So as we wait everyone is either laughing or giving them the WTF look. So I'm sitting there telling myself this is why I don't go on group rides. Well the light goes green and wouldn't ya know it, the same three guys stack off. So this time one of the guys wants to do a stand up. Well it sound like a good idea until the guy looped in the middle of the road. Luckily they where far enough a head that they didn't collect anyone. So we stop, the guy and his bike is banged up. I call it a day turn around and head the half mile back home.

So my question is this. Why do these guys continue to do this. Why can't people just ride in a way that does not draw excessive amounts of unwanted attention to them selves and the people that are with them. OK rant finished.

Suzy

Yep, see it all the time here in Chicago. I see riders with no helmets, shorts on, etc. and I cringe. Especially, when you see them weaving between semi-trucks on the expressway. I think some riders are a little over confident.  ::)
2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

vosnick52

Those SOB's give us normal riders/racers a bad name :banghead:
Easy solution,  don't let them ride anymore
Tim Vosnick
expert #52
TEAM FULL EFFECT

keebler

Quote from: vosnick52 on August 23, 2007, 11:29:31 AM
Those SOB's give us normal riders/racers a bad name :banghead:
Easy solution,  don't let them ride anymore

If they keep it up, particularly in the military, the privledge will be taken away.  A lot of rules have already been implemented yet riders still feel the need to do it... What to do, what to do... I know, start acting like NCO's and correcting the behavior on the spot.

TheHiriser

Pull up next to them with a big grin on your face as well.  Reach over, take out the key and chuck it.

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Marsolais

Quote from: keebler on August 23, 2007, 08:41:18 PM
If they keep it up, particularly in the military, the privledge will be taken away.  A lot of rules have already been implemented yet riders still feel the need to do it... What to do, what to do... I know, start acting like NCO's and correcting the behavior on the spot.

I figured after the looping he learned his lesson. But I understand the making the correction. But in this day and age soldiers are spending 18 hours a day five days a week being told what to do and how to do it. The last thing I would what to here from someone (even if I was acting like a bonehead) is "Hey soldier I'm a Staff Sergeant in the US Army and you need to stop doing that because I said so". Most of the time I just the the group leader deal with it or I leave.

But hey it's not just the lower enlisted soldiers. We just had a Sergeant Major get killed will speeding on his Busa. Never found out if the guy was drinking or not but I'm willing to bet he was seeing he had just left a softball game.

keebler

Oh I know exactly what your talking about.  It's not even about putting your rank out there.  It's more about mentoring and helping those around you understand the rules that are out there and that it truly is a privledge to ride.  You don't even have to be a butt about it.  Think about how the senior ranks would talk to somebody and do it as a peer.  We can still help each other without being rude, that's all.  Welcome to the collective.

barb_arah

Quote from: TheHiriser on August 23, 2007, 10:22:50 PM
Pull up next to them with a big grin on your face as well.  Reach over, take out the key and chuck it.

Fantastic idea!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

vosnick52

Quote from: TheHiriser on August 23, 2007, 10:22:50 PM
The police did that to me one day and it took me forever to find the key.
I guess it was better than getting a ticket
Tim Vosnick
expert #52
TEAM FULL EFFECT

Marsolais

Quote from: vosnick52 on August 28, 2007, 11:34:41 AM
The police did that to me one day and it took me forever to find the key.
I guess it was better than getting a ticket

That sucks.  But you're right about the ticket.