News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Pocono weekend preview

Started by Bob Robbins, August 20, 2002, 01:07:20 PM

Bob Robbins

:-/Here we go again, getting ready to race at what many riders consider the least desirable track we can go to. The bumps are worse. The patches are worse. The runoff still has the usual ravines and such, so if you haven't been there before pay real close attention on your first practice laps, etc.. Turn one and the right off the back straight will be marked with cones as usual and are hard to judge the entry point. Learn it gradually. The dirt and pavement still intersect at random. I live 52 miles from there and would have to think twice about going regularly if a series ever ran there. Don't get me wrong, nobody is forcing me to go and I do have a pretty good time, but it is just rates real low on most peoples favorite track list. Any comments?

Bob Robbins

sportbikepete

Funny worst track and the track I go fastest on. I live only 15 miles away and have to call it home. I was on it this weekend and yes the bumps and SEALER have gotten worse. Anyone new to this track, do us all a favor and do not attempt the inside pass on turn 1, you will not make it and will take others out with you. Thank you.