Question about first race

Started by GAMEDIC, August 19, 2002, 07:26:56 PM

am125ike

Yo brian,
where these boys racin at ?!?!?!?  >:(
must not be no competition !!!!
man! i was FLYIN in my first race..... fly  ing  !
and i was pushin the top 5 the whole weekend.... got a 6 and a 7
but these guys in the front of our three regions, midwest grt plns and grt lks
must be fast (and kevin, dont say nothin, we already know youre 15th amatuer season is upon us  :o )
newbies winning races....im relocating......naaaah, i want someone to ride with, i never like ridin on da street with people who let me "gunn it" by myself, it's always been, hey, you ridin w/me,  "CUM'ON"!!! i'd like to win by 10 seconds, but seems like it'd be like practice.... just you and the track, sh!t, dont mistake it, dont get it twisted, everyone can "all fall down".... and no, i wont give it back (my wood)(please!!!)
  ok,ok, that must have been a blast, if anything is a blast,

won my first race ever !!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hell with the beer, It realy couldnt get much better than that.....
and brian, why didnt you tell me i could have raced hw sprtsmn with that f2 i had, i may have won that class!  you get on my nerve, and you too dawn, keep quiet kevin! it aint yo turn yet.. :D  tiffiney, you didnt say nothin to me either, who else is out there??
http://images.motograndprix.com/multimedia/89/89832.jpg
http://images.motograndprix.com/multimedia/81/81253.jpg

CBRman93

Where are you all racing to be able to win your first races? Shoot, I managed to gain a few spots from where I gridded at but win? If all the rookies come out winning their first races, then what happens to all the veterans? Do they all have a brief moments of compassion and sit out? Or is it that those rookies choose classes that are less competitive than the MW SS/SB, etc. and grid with enough guys to make 2 rows? Hmm....just sounds fishy.  

Hey now....ya'll aren't counting your school mock races are you?

Wait a minute..I did win my first race! And every other I have been in. I am unstoppable!

Too bad that was on my MotoGp 2 game!

TZDeSioux

I can slide the rear end coming out of every corner with a crossed up wheelie. I've got crazy skills in motogp 2. Hey we have a kid who won a race the very next day after he took school. I think his name is Jesse Janisch.. I believe he won one of the lightweight classes. Ike.. you have an F2? Oh yeah and Paul Bounds won lightweight gp his first weekend racing at Road America in april.

Dawn

Ike:

You're made at me that I did not tell you that your F2 would qualify for Heavyweight Sportsman !!!   ???

I have read the rule book, but I read it based on what Paul is racing at the time.  I'm sorry, but I feel everyone is responsible for their own bike and knowing what races they can enter.  If your pissed at me for that, there is nothing I can do about it.

Dawn

am125ike

ok Dawn,
you're correct in the fact that im deficient in my studies of the rule book, just too excited to race, overlooked too much!!!  "just let me on the track"

but brian, you need to know if you slide the rear,  you're losing time.
i think i may be able to "get you" at motogp.......
and think of it, one of us will have to win  ;D

ecumike

QuoteWhere are you all racing to be able to win your first races? Shoot, I managed to gain a few spots from where I gridded at but win? If all the rookies come out winning their first races, then what happens to all the veterans? Do they all have a brief moments of compassion and sit out? Or is it that those rookies choose classes that are less competitive than the MW SS/SB, etc. and grid with enough guys to make 2 rows? Hmm....just sounds fishy.  

Hey now....ya'll aren't counting your school mock races are you?

NO lies here, check the results.  I'm riding the Aprilia RS250, stock.  Racing at VIR, occasionally at SP, and RRR.  I race in LW classes... sure there may be less entrants (10-20) per race, but it's still competitive. I barely stand a chance against the supermoded SV650s

I don't know what everyone's story is, but it's not like I did a race school, then entered my first race that weekend, and won.  I've been riding with NESBA for 2 years, about 8 track days total (4 on my ex-ZX7, 4 on my RS250). I just got the 250 last July, and started racing this year on it... I dunno, maybe it's first season luck.  The race I won, I started in 5th place (in traffic), and took 1st on the 5th lap.

I never thought I'd get top 5 or even top10.. I was just hoping to finish the race on 2 wheels and not get hit by anyone.

Pete (Moravek) knows... we were dicing in some of the races, right Pete?

TZDeSioux

Quotehrmm.. I don't know about that Ike. I do have more experience on a twostroke Grand Prix Machine :D Lets race! Suzuka.. I'll even pick Takuma Aoki's 250 :P

TZDeSioux

QuoteNO lies here, check the results.  I'm riding the Aprilia RS250, stock.  Racing at VIR, occasionally at SP, and RRR.  I race in LW classes... sure there may be less entrants (10-20) per race, but it's still competitive. I barely stand a chance against the supermoded SV650s

I don't know what everyone's story is, but it's not like I did a race school, then entered my first race that weekend, and won.  I've been riding with NESBA for 2 years, about 8 track days total (4 on my ex-ZX7, 4 on my RS250). I just got the 250 last July, and started racing this year on it... I dunno, maybe it's first season luck.  The race I won, I started in 5th place (in traffic), and took 1st on the 5th lap.

I never thought I'd get top 5 or even top10.. I was just hoping to finish the race on 2 wheels and not get hit by anyone.

Pete (Moravek) knows... we were dicing in some of the races, right Pete?

ecumike.. I don't think anyone is accusing you of lying. We're just jealous because we couldn't do it :)

ecumike

No prob., no accusations taken.

TZD, you know well that you could run laps around me on that thing.  
I wanted/was thinking about getting a used TZ instead, but I don't/didn't know that much about engines and wrenching on them.  And everything I was reading about the TZ, implied that you gotta tweak and tune them alot, which I wasn't ready for.

Whether I like it or not though, I'm slowly learning about these 2-strokes the hard way

TZDeSioux

QuoteNo prob., no accusations taken.

TZD, you know well that you could run laps around me on that thing.  
I wanted/was thinking about getting a used TZ instead, but I don't/didn't know that much about engines and wrenching on them.  And everything I was reading about the TZ, implied that you gotta tweak and tune them alot, which I wasn't ready for.

Whether I like it or not though, I'm slowly learning about these 2-strokes the hard way

The bike with a proper rider on it could probably run pretty damn fast but not me. I'm too damn scared to go fast. Tuning the TZ isn't half as hard as people make it out to be. Yeah you're going to have problems but it's usually nothing you can't handle. I usually change jets maybe once the whole day. usually go up a size or two fo the more dense morning air and lean it out for the warmer afternoon air. Once you have a baseline set... it's as easy as that. Of course it costs more money to run a TZ250 compared to a fourstroke or even your Aprilia but I'm sure you already know that. You should definately get a TZ for next year. You won't regret it. :)

pmoravek

I gotta step up and testify........
Mike is pretty decent on that little 2 popper!
(as long as he's not overshooting the bridge turn at VIR  ;D)
But everybody is different, Mike and I have had quite a bit of riding experience (prior to finding out that ROADRACING IS THE SH1T!!!)
all I'm saying is this...Your results ma vary.
Wear a t-shirt during practice and try to get a feel for where you're at.  If you're not certain...ask somebody else on the grid after you gett off the track.

ecumike

yea, as pitiful as it sounds... jets?... yea, I kinda know what they are, but have no idea about them, changing them, how they work, where they are, etc...  Hell I didn't even know what a piston  and cylinder looked like, until my engine seized in April and I had to replace the top-end... what a learning experience that was.

And I know, once you do it one time, it's easy the rest, but it's just those initial first steps that's tough to get through.

I know, it's sad.. but hey.. I'm a rider, not a mechanic., but slowly becoming both.  ;)