Amateurs at Blackhawk Farms

Started by TZDeSioux, June 05, 2002, 01:00:41 PM

KBOlsen

:20's and 'teens, huh... now I'm REALLY depressed.  Dave, I wish I had hooked up with you back in May!  :(

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteYeah, but the powers at be made him take it off.  

They won't let my students wear their shirts either.  The last one's were red.  Guess red bikes, helmets, boots, leathers, etc. must be out too.

Rough not being the "official" school....

Wonder why they made him take it off. It wasnt coming off.

I dunno why they did that to your shirts unless it was because of the shirts flapping while riding.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Speedballer347

QuoteProblem is I'm already signed up for Gateway the 14th and 15th, but i was thinking about dumping those and doing BHF instead
??? you would rather do a BHF's riders school then get in the ring w/ your local buddies at Gateway?  :-/
That's what I thought....See ya at Gateway ;)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Super Dave

I dunno why they did that to your shirts unless it was because of the shirts flapping while riding.

No, actually, they just wouldn't let the guys wear them.  Any other school shirt flaps.  I've seen bodywork and leathers flap.  Just the way it is.

you would rather do a BHF's riders school then get in the ring w/ your local buddies at Gateway?  
That's what I thought....See ya at Gateway

I'll be at Gateway.  Wouldn't mind doing the same thing there that I do at Blackhawk, but it is very expensive to do so.  I have spend an extraordinary amount of money trying to help riders.  I need to have a house for my family.  Maybe in the future I could do a program there.

As for doing a school vs racing...

Track time is valuable only in the sense that it is fun.  If that is all, then it doesn't matter where you do it.  If the value is for knowledge, then the game changes.

Been doing this too long, and I had to learn things by long term experiences and spending a lot of money.  Doesn't have to be that way!  I can offer ideas, hands on support, logical courses of action for suspension, and the like.  There are no perfect answers, but there are answers to doing this addictive sport.  Quicker and safer?  That's the way it should be.  Make it easy.

Pushing one's self on a race track may only serve to reinforce the things one already knows.  Opening other doors and avenues is the key.
Super Dave

sdiver68

Quote??? you would rather do a BHF's riders school then get in the ring w/ your local buddies at Gateway?  :-/
That's what I thought....See ya at Gateway ;)

I dunno, the way I hear it, none of my local riding buddies are racing much these days.  One has a cracked frame :P, another will only do Gateway events :-/, another hasn't been to a race all year ???, and the other is willing to go to BHF....

If, on the other hand, people would actaully show up, then I would go to Gateway even if it's the most dangerous track on the circuit. ;)
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

The years pass by and some stay, but most go.  If you're having fun, then do it.  You meet different people in different places.  
Super Dave

Speedballer347

QuoteI dunno, the way I hear it, none of my local riding buddies are racing much these days.  One has a cracked frame :P, another will only do Gateway events :-/, another hasn't been to a race all year ???, and the other is willing to go to BHF....

If, on the other hand, people would actaully show up, then I would go to Gateway even if it's the most dangerous track on the circuit. ;)
Can't speak 4 big-K, but me and e929 will be there.  
I'll even have a new frame and fresh motor...yay :)
Dude, don't let me keep you from BHF's racing school, I just wanted us all to pit and hang at Gateway.
I am way out of the points since my motor blew back in March, so I'm just gonna do the local gateway races for fun.

Racing aside, wait till you see me doing my much improved standing on the seat wheelies @ 70mph down the highway ;D

Super-Dave, wasn't trying to 'steal' one of your potential customers....just wanted to hook up w/ my buddies at Gateway :)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Super Dave

I don't look at it as "stealing"...maybe highway robbery...LOL!

Here's my dilema.  The word "school" seems to have developed a bit of a stigma.  My "riding school" that I attended years ago didn't do much for me.  Did a couple of "schools" in the early 1990's too.  Didn't do much then either.  

The thing that helped me was someone taking an interest in me and giving me thoughts about what I was doing, showing me how to deal with my suspension, etc., etc.  And that's really what we offer.  

As for hooking up at Gateway...  I do the same thing.  I understand.  I'll be there too!
Super Dave

Jon doliver

:-X Mike Weemer is out of control!!! He does not ride within his limits. If someone doesn't talk to him soon he is going to hurt himself real bad or worse hurt someone else.  He crashed 2 Times at RA and then just crashed his brains out at Blackhawk last week.  Hopefully he will realize what reality is and learn not to ride over his head all of the time.  Just my $.02

Mike Wemmer

Who ever has $0.02 to put in about me can grow some and tell me to my face that I'm over my head. The first time I crashed at RA some guy high-sided right in front of me in practice. I tucked the front to keep from running him over. You probably would have been an A#*hole and ran him over. I didn't want to see him end up like John W. like at Gateway. The second race I crashed in the rain in turn 6. Four or more other people crashed in the same race and I finished 8th out of 10 in that race. At Blackhawk I was turning 1:18 consistantly and I was told I got a lowest time of 1:17:93. I make clean passes, I hold my line, and the only thing you have to complain about is that you can't keep up. Yes, I crashed in turn 6B, at Blackhawk, dragging my peg. Mike Sasharey (sorry about the spelling Mike) saw the whole thing. All Mike had to say to me after we were done racing was that I was railn' out there. My bike has 71HP at the wheel, a suspention that "Super" Dave helped me set up, and a good rider that isn't afraid to crash once in a while. >:(         If you think because I'm turning 1:18 and I crash every now and then that I'm out of controle or dangerous then what about Bob S. going threw turn 5 last year and crashing; or "Super" Dave getting the checkered flag and crashing in turn 1; or last weekend everyone that crashed in turn 1,3,6,&7 in one race; or Tez, Gordon, ect. crashing last weekend to. If you want more examples send me an email or you can call me or you can even come talk to me at the track.    email:SV650RR930@YAHOO.COM     Phone:608)217-6433  or 608)837-8260

YTAK1

Wemmer....That damn chicken flipped me off when you passed me a few weeks ago.  You better controle him.  I'll pluck his ASS. >:(

YTAK

Mike

"I make clean passes, I hold my line, and the only thing you have to complain about is that you can't keep up"...

I don't mean to cause any trouble but you did bump into me coming out of T4 near the end of a GTO event last time I was at BHF (June???) :) Its all good though, racing is racing :) Sorry I held you up :) BTW I was 24s.