Clutch plate change

Started by EM JAY, September 23, 2003, 03:43:25 PM

EM JAY

:-/     Got talked into changing the  clutch out for a buddy's Smokin Joe.   Never done it before but seen it on a video.  ;D ;D ;D

Easy enough or weasel out of it?   Special tools or can rig something and get by?  Tips?  Would like to help him out but don't want to screw anything up either.  I can usually figure stuff out, not a pro wrench or anything just  average.  Doesn't look too hard?   :P
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

tcchin

By 'a buddy's Smokin Joe,' I assume you mean a CBR600F3. This is a crappy job because of the peened hub nut, clutch basket arrangement, etc. Weasel out, if at all possible.

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

EM JAY

Well I was suppost to of done it for him last Thursday and I didn't hear from him so I think I'm in the clear!!  Probably has to do with the cold (to some) weather! ;D

Thanks for the advice guys! ;)
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

EM JAY

:P   Dang, I  ended up doing it anyway.  No problem!  Was way easier than I would have thought.  Hub nut came off with an air gun, basket arrangement not so difficult.  And best of all the darn thing shifted sweet!  How To Holeshot was the video I had seen that they did a clutch change and it was cool cuz the bike was a Honda also.   ;D
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest