RC51 Front # Plate?

Started by tigerblade, December 10, 2002, 09:10:13 AM

tigerblade

The rules state that the front number plate must be "unbroken by air intakes".  So the number area has to include part of the windscreen, above the air intake on an RC51, right?  It would be a lot nicer if the numbers could be on either side, like the AMA bikes.  Is this for ease of scoring?   ???
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tzracer

Yes the number plate will include part of the wind screen. I just put a piece of white number plate backing on the windshield. It is no problem when riding the bike.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Litespeed

Yes, you will need to apply tape or paint the windscreen on the RC51 in order to comply with the rules.  You will also realize that you tape of most of the windscreen to get the 8" numbers in place but luckily it won't obscure your vision, though I think it looks like total crap....

RC51Racer

You only lose about half to a thrid of the windscreen to get 8 inch numbers on, at least for 2 digits, not sure about 3.

It defiantely would look better if we could do the same as the AMA....

Mike

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

tigerblade

A friend races in the "other" organization.  He was able to put his complete number on both sides of the air intake and would just tape over the one that was away from the scorers.  Would this be acceptable in CCS?
Younger Oil Racing

Litespeed

I would say no, since I tried to have my numbers for the last race on the correct side and they didn't go for it.  Splitting them between the two places doesn't seem to work either.  My bike had previously been run in AFM and had a 1 on the left and 85 on the right for #185 and apparently there it was fine.

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing