Blackhawk Getting Repaved

Started by kangasj, November 05, 2002, 07:42:59 AM

kangasj

QuotePaving the racing surface... or the pit area??

This is great news!!!  WOOHOO!

Is it April yet???
This is the e-mail I got.

Hi,

As you read this, repaving of the track is in process.  Hopefully, I will be able to upload some pictures of the process onto the website (no promises, but I'll try)

Hope you have a great winter!
Nancy Irwin

KBOlsen

Craig... Since you seem to have a "gift", can I send you my "wish list"? ;)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Bam55

Reminder to all my mid-west compadres, cars run there before us, that means you will find torn up spots right away between the new b-top stripes!!!
Be careful w/your excitement, in 92' or 93' when they changed turn 3 into 3a, 3b, and 3c and we finally raced on the new surface, it was so torn up from the cars they already had patched it up a couple of times.

P.J."Thorny" Thornton
Expert Mid-West #55

kangasj

QuoteReminder to all my mid-west compadres, cars run there before us, that means you will find torn up spots right away between the new b-top stripes!!!
Be careful w/your excitement, in 92' or 93' when they changed turn 3 into 3a, 3b, and 3c and we finally raced on the new surface, it was so torn up from the cars they already had patched it up a couple of times.

P.J."Thorny" Thornton
Expert Mid-West #55
Well, hopefully they will use a more durable surface this time.  They run cars on Putnam all the time and they don't tear up that surface.

mj

QuoteWell, hopefully they will use a more durable surface this time

Hot tar and pea gravel ;D

BRG

the whole track and the infield are getting repaved. check out www.roadracingworld.com they have all the info. right from one of the owners of blackhawk farms.

Baker  :o

sdiver68

Speaking of Gateway, our primary contact there thinks there is a chance they will at least repave the entrance to the straight to eliminate the big transition bump.  I'll post if I hear anything definite.

So, anything else you want Craig???
MCRA Race School Instructor

roadracer797

Ok Kim
 send it and I will see what I can do, no promises I just might have used them all up.
Ok now I know what else I want-------A new job that lets me race and practice all I want to and pays me for it---like that will happen. LOL
Craig

Dawn

QuoteOk now I know what else I want-------A new job that lets me race and practice all I want to and pays me for it---
Craig

Craig:

If you find a lead on one of those jobs, let us know.  We are looking for the same thing!

Dawn   :D

roadracer797

Dawn
The first thing is to find it and if I do what makes you think I want you working with me Paul is ok but I'm not sure about you----You're trouble
Craig

EX#996

QuoteDawn
The first thing is to find it and if I do what makes you think I want you working with me Paul is ok but I'm not sure about you----You're trouble
Craig

Trouble  :o  

Who me   ???  I have no idea why you would think such a thing.

Dawn   :D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

roadracer797

Dawn
If you don't know why then you are having another senoir moment
Craig