SV with GSXR Shock?

Started by lbk, August 14, 2003, 10:38:07 AM

lbk

How many of you run this configuration? I found a site that walks through the install and it seems to be a tight fit. Has anyone had any problems with this setup? Also it is the 96-99 years that work correct?

Nate R

I've got this setup. You can also use a 2000 GSXR 600 shock. ONLY the 600 from 2K. (IOW: All SRAD 600s and 750s shocks work)

It works fairly well. WAY better than stock, but you should get it revalved and resprung. If you do this, be sure it's someone that understands the shock is going on an SV. (Diff linkage ratios than GSXR) Ed from Trackside Engineering can do it for you for a decent price.  A Penske or Ohlins would still be better, but you can't beat this shock for the price, even after the work.

Make sure you shim the battery box well, otherwise the battery WILL hit the shock, and some have rubbed holes in teh battery this way. I probably shimmed it about 1/2" and I put a piece of cardboard between the battery and shock.  
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

lbk

Nate thanks for the info. Actually I already have the shock it is from my 97' 750 and was sprung and valved by Ed, unfortunately it was on my Gixxer so obviously setup for that.

I will talk to him about it and take the shock to him to have him make whatever adjustments he needs to. And since I already have it it's pretty much a no brainer to use this even though other options are better. It will still help a lot over stock.

Thanks again!

Nate R

lbk: N/P! :-D

Were you the Am #724 on a Hawk at BHF in July? Will you be at BHF next weekend? On an SV, I take it?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

lbk

Yep that would be me, that's a friend of mines bike he let me race it after I crashed my Gixxer pretty hard at Putnam about two weeks before that.

I will be at the next BHF weekend but not on the SV yet, it still has some work that needs to be done. I'm trying my hardest to get it ready for the next one which is in Sept isn't it?

I'll try to track you down and say hi next weekend. Then hopefully I can be out ther running with you next time. What classes do you run?

Dawn

Next Blackhawk in September is on the 6th & 7th.

Dawn   :)

Nate R

I'll be down there Wed-Sun (Aug 20-24) on #548 Yellow SV. (see motosliders.com under motosliders racing for pics)

I won't be racing in September, though. Probably spectating. No $  :-/

Come by an introduce yourself. I'll probably be along the front straight.

I'll be running GT Lights, SuperTwins, LWGP, LWSB, And LWSS. Next year, I'm hoping to be in the top 5 Ams for LWSS.  :D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com