600 class options

Started by racenrub, March 24, 2010, 10:54:58 PM

racenrub

So it's my first year and I would like to know what classes I can/would be wise to enter into. If your advice sounds good then you get one of these :thumb:
There's always worse things then dying

apriliaman

I would run all the 600 races you can for more experance.The sooner you sign up for the race,youll be near the front,if your late then youll be in the back at the starting grid.I used to do 7 races a weekend now i do 5,the ones for overall points.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Carnag3

This will be my 1st year doing a full season.  I'm doing the MW's and HW's and at some tracks I'll be doing the Unlimited.  Are you going to be at CMP?
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

MELK-MAN

1st order of business.. change the "myspace" avatar or whatever 1/2 naket pic that is on the roadrace forums.
2nd.. if you have a 600cc you will be able to run in every class that does not have "lightweight" in the title. (mid wt, heavy wt, unlimited). Almost more classes then you care to run or have the wallet to fund.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

skiandclimb

Quote from: MELK-MAN on March 25, 2010, 10:15:39 AM
1st order of business.. change the "myspace" avatar or whatever 1/2 naket pic that is on the roadrace forums.

LMAO!!!!     :thumb:
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

racenrub

:lmao:, don't trash the epic sunburn pic. Nope can't say i'l be going that far. I'm in Central Illinois so i'll be doing the midwest schedual this year. Certainly sounds like i'll have the pick of the litter then. :boink:

Sklossmonster

As Melk-Man said, you can definitely run more classes than you can afford on a 600, so I would go over the event schedule and pick the ones that work for you.  For Blackhawk, the schedule is here http://www.ccsracing.us/schedules/2010/gpmw/BHF%20May%20SCHEDULE.pdf and if I were you I would run the GTU for sure, since it's on Saturday, and then run the Middleweight GP so you'll get two races in on Saturday.

Then pick a couple of races on Sunday that look good, like Middleweight Superbike and Middleweight Supersport. There's plenty of time between the races for you and no one can race them with anything bigger than a 600, so your drive to the finish line will always be against the same size motor.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the Madness!  :cheers:
www.TurnOneRacing.com
Bridgestone Vendor and Midwest Trackside Support Team
Complete  Race and Track bike preparations, modifications, and repairs

racenrub

I blame the girlfriend, she got me started riding these confounded sportbikes. Ah well, i can survive on cereal and ramen :thumb: That was quite inciteful  thanks

Woofentino Pugrossi

Since you are gonna be racing at Blackhawk, remember to tip the crash truck driver. :biggrin: Twenty dollar bills will suffice. :lmao:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

racenrub

haha, no offense but i hope i don't meet you till after the day is done...........i'll give you a buck for an ice cream cone though :cheers:

garraper

give him one from last year,that has freezer burn...  :thumb:

racenrub

i have some sliced peaches that i though were clams due to the fact that they've apparently been in an open container for around 4 years :ahhh: