Airborne Al

Started by tug296, February 03, 2011, 11:15:40 PM

tug296

Sorry to hear of his passing on.
I met him at Road Atlanta in 1981,we were spectators, he was starting  WERA races and inspired me to go roadracing on motorcycles.
Telling me to go win a championship, I laughed.
A big loss.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Noidly1

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Super Dave

Feel lucky that I did get to see and meet him here and there.  Happy his family could share him with us.  He won't be replaced.
Super Dave

Faith Not Fear Racing

Im new to the CCS and was one of the many that sent my application in on 1/1. Havent recieved a licence in he mail yet. Will i be able to get on the track for the feb 12 event at Homestead! I did call and get my number before the bike went to the paint shop! 333 cool number ! Any info is greatly appreciated!

lrrs182

Buddy, you posted on a thread paying homage to a racer/flagger that spent his entire life in this sport who recently died. As far as your license app, there is a list on the ccs site with all licenses that have been processed as of 1/31, go check it and if it isnt there email or call them.

lrrs182

Quote from: lrrs182 on February 05, 2011, 09:10:46 AM
Buddy, you posted on a thread paying homage to a racer/flagger that spent his entire life in this sport who recently died. As far as your license app, there is a list on the ccs site (ccsracing.us)with all licenses that have been processed as of 1/31, go check it and if it isnt there email or call them.

Faith Not Fear Racing

Sorry about used the quick reply for another post! Still figuring out how to navigate the site!

poppop587

I had the great pleasure of starting many races that were flagged by Al.  He was the most colorful flagman that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  His Flag were the most consistent I have ever seen and if you knew his starting procedure you could almost time his starts to the nano-second.  His starts were only second to his prerace riders meeting briefings, they were almost comedy.  He made what should have been boring something that everyone looked forward too.  May he be having as good a time in Heaven as he helped me have on Earth.  God Bless You Airborne Al.

bodie1331

I will really miss Al's animated recollections of his racing days and his enthusiasm for the sport. He was a truly invested part of the racing culture and will be sorely missed and fondly remembered. RIP Al.
CCS MA AM 813 / Spiegler,Woodcraft, ASV Inventions, Bridgestone, Pit Bull, Track Tactics Trackdays