News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Chain Brands/Types?

Started by tshort, July 07, 2003, 09:51:36 AM

unforgivenracing

Back to the chain question.......

For what they do, I would stick with what yo have got.
If you break one, or need to make it longer for gearing, the links will match-up. They are all better then they were 10 years ago,and o-rings are pretty much the same, but price is what makes up my mind. ;)
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Thingy

QuoteUh, unfortunately, our paths may have crossed already when my rider and I came over to your pit to apologize for taking Jason out in T11 at Laguna. Of course, we hope that his recovery is going well. Also, that fracture in the 1000 frame was remarkable!

That was you guys!!  Man, what a small world.  In that case, I have met you.  I was at the trailer when you came by and was sitting with Jason on Hot Pit Lane when you guys stopped.  That was nice of you guys to swing by and see how Jason was doing.  Class act.

Jason seems to be doing pretty well.  And I am fixing the tranny in his bike.  He bent the shift forks in a crash on his A bike the day before.

Swing by if you guys make it to VIR or Barber.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

QuoteUh,..... that fracture in the 1000 frame was remarkable!

Yes, I think that is an understatement.  LOL!
Super Dave

tcchin

A small world indeed! We'll probably see you at Barber, as VIR is just not going to fit into our budget/schedule very well.

tcchin

QuoteFor what they do, I would stick with what yo have got. If you break one, or need to make it longer for gearing, the links will match-up. They are all better then they were 10 years ago,and o-rings are pretty much the same, but price is what makes up my mind.

If you break a chain, it should be replaced, not repaired. Chains are cheaper than any engine case or surgical procedure I can think of.

A chain should have only one master link. Adding links to a chain requires the addition of another master link, and this doubles the number of weak links in your chain. If you need more links, do it right and get a longer chain. Again, engine cases and surgery... Also, swapping a 112-link chain for the 110-link chain in your toolbox is so much easier than getting out the chain cutter and hacking apart an otherwise perfectly good chain!

O-rings may be o-rings, but metallurgy is not metallurgy, tolerances are not tolerances and lubricants are not lubricants. Remember, it's not just price, it's price divided by product life expectancy that matters.

Thingy

QuoteUh, unfortunately, our paths may have crossed already when my rider and I came over to your pit to apologize for taking Jason out in T11 at Laguna. Of course, we hope that his recovery is going well. Also, that fracture in the 1000 frame was remarkable!

Tim, you may not know that you were also in the presence of Greatness when you swung by. ???  Super Dave was also with us.  He is our Suspension and 'Mental Preparation' guy.  (I know, you have read some of his posts and find it hard to believe...) ;D

Sorry to get off subject, but I have already stated that I like the DID chains. :)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

tcchin

That would explain how he knew about the broken chassis...

Super Dave

Nah, it's just a mind control thing that I can do.... ::)
Super Dave