Need advice....who oversees Gas Staions? in regard to safety issue(s)

Started by Speedballer347, December 18, 2006, 01:03:08 PM

Speedballer347

Had a gas pump come off at the box, past the saftey cut-off.
Was obviously un-maintained as it was loose and had unscrewed itself, it had to overcome 2" of threads before it popped off.  Must have been loose for a long time.

Anyway, I was soaked in about 10 gallons of gas within a couple of seconds before I could run.  All of my riding gear was ruined, helmet was soaked, jacket.
Fuel company told me to get fucked when asked for reimbursment of damaged items.
My attorney tried to no avail.  Not worth suing for.

I have photos showing the pump, where it unscrewed, etc....Photos shows total negligence on maintaining the pump(s).
Who would I give this info to?  Hopefully they will get fined, since they left me minus 1 Arai helmet, Joe Rocket jacket, Sidi boots.
I am just trying to be a jerk back to them.

Thanks for any direction on this.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Super Dave

Super Dave

spyderchick

There's got to be a state regulating agency, that's who you should contact.

Oh, and call the local news stations, they eat this stuff up!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Court Jester

if you really want to drag them down. call the EPA. any major spills must be reported and handled by state and federal guide lines. if they didn't turn it in, they could easly be closed down, or fined so much $$$ that they would have to close down
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Jeff

EPA...  I was thinking the same thing.  Other than that, the DMV, local fire dept, and then the news place.

I would talk to the OWNER of the station and provide a quote for the amount of damages you have.  They aren't that much in the grand scheme of things.  Surely a hell of a lot cheaper than any fine from the state or feds...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Woofentino Pugrossi

I'm assuming you are in Missouri.

Heres a list of people in the MO Dept Of Ag, Licensing/Weights and Measures devision. These are teh people in charge of fuel dispensors safety and calibrations.

http://www.mda.mo.gov/WhoWeAre/wm_staff.htm#ppaa

Most states the Dept of Agriculture handles this also.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

There you go... Ag Dept...

That would probably be a start.  +1
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

If you didn't have bad luck.... :wtf:

What you should have done was to start screaming "My eyes!" and demanding medical attention.  Then hav the cops come out to file an accident report.  You'd have owned them then.  They'd have bought you custom leathers just to avoid a round with a personal injury attorney.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Burt Munro

From the style of pump and the safety posts I'm guessing it was a Quick Trip...?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

paco