Race Plastcis Repair

Started by Fast Cletus, June 18, 2009, 08:55:27 AM

Fast Cletus

Does anyone know someone in South FL that will fix my race plastics? They are not in that bad of shape but I am by no means a fiberglass artist, and if there is a way to fix them cheaper than buying a new set I am all ears
JC
CCS Racer #552
2001 Ducati Monster 600 & 2001 Ducati Supersport 900

roadracer162

Jim,

I am pretty handy with buzz bomb and I have painted and repaired all the race glass that I have owned. The last being some stuff that was discarded and given to me by Chris.

If you want a prime job then I would steer you towards my brother Paul. He has been doing body and paintwork for the past 30 years. Ask Tim about the work he did on Kyle's bike.

I do know that street and competition had an upper for $349.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Court Jester

I have use epoxy to fill the cracks/holes several times. Let it dry real good and sand it down. You're good to go. I always just rattle canned the needed area and/or stuck a big sticker over it.
You're looking at $10 - $15 tops.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Fast Cletus

I have a little more damage than that
CCS Racer #552

roadracer162

I had to rebuild one side of the lower.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Fast Cletus

I was able to repair my uppers, but had to order the lowers. Could of fixed them but would be afraid they would fall off.
CCS Racer #552

Cowboy 6

EmpireGP.com is only a cardboard box away. He does full plastic welding. He races with us too.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Fast Cletus

Wish I would of had this info last week.  Will see if these guys can fix my lowers and just keep them in case something happens, or in case a  fellow racer needs a hand
CCS Racer #552

F2RGK

I'm in Fort Myers.  I can fix them if they are race bodywork.  If I can't, which is rarely, I will set you a set or refer you to buy a new set.  I can just fix it with or without paint. 

Thanks Ron
239-777-8191
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!