Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

skiandclimb

ROC: Race Of Chad? (hanging?)  lol
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

MELK-MAN

man, im not saying deal with it or stay home. Im just saying why all the bitching? It's in Miami, ya bitch. It's in KS, someone would bitch. That's life. And as far as rainfall, i never even tried to compare rainfall.. BUT since you bring it up, 50F in the rain SUCKS, 80F in the rain is just wet, but you don't risk hypothermia.
Im sure as luck will have it Kansas will be 82F and sunny, and Miami will be 69 and we will get hit with a cat. 4 hurricane, and everyone will have to hear "told ya so" for a month.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Jack_Brock

Quote from: MELK-MAN on June 24, 2010, 11:15:54 AM
Im sure as luck will have it Kansas will be 82F and sunny, and Miami will be 69 and we will get hit with a cat. 4 hurricane, and everyone will have to hear "told ya so" for a month.

That is a great post!  If it works out that way, maybe HPT can have an outlaw race for a little salt on the wound.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

MELK-MAN

:biggrin:..Call it the UUWHNCROC
"Unsanctioned-Unofficial Western Half National Championship ROC".

vnvbandit

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 23, 2010, 11:23:08 PM
I really don't know what you guys expected............

*Florida

*Voting

*Problems with results

Didn't we go through this once before about 10 years ago????

Anybody have any voting card chads???    :kicknuts:
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

SnacktimeKC

man, im not saying deal with it or stay home. Im just saying why all the bitching? It's in Miami, ya bitch. It's in KS, someone would bitch. That's life. And as far as rainfall, i never even tried to compare rainfall.. BUT since you bring it up, 50F in the rain SUCKS, 80F in the rain is just wet, but you don't risk hypothermia.

Worse yet, an OIL HURRICANE!!!

Greg you make some good points. As a matter of fact we had a hail storm during a team challenge at HPT a couple year ago and it was insane, we race in the cold and rain all the time so that argument isn't going to hold a lot of water (pardon the pun) in this neck of the woods. I'd also argue grid sizes with you too but what's done is done.
Many of us have made the 24 hour + drive to Daytona many many times. As it's been mentioned before it would have been nice for us GP and MW region folks ta have something a little closer just this once.
We were all very excited about the vote, we understood that it wasn't binding but it would have been nice to have a little more official explanation as to why the decision was made from CCS and not just a few dudes on the forums. -Snack

ScubaSteve

If i was still able to race I would've loved to run Topeka! I wouldn't mind driving 19 hrs to race a different track! Plus steal all the championships and bring them back to Fl!  :ass: :biggrin:
Steve

CCS FL

Jack_Brock

Ok, I'll go on record just so you guys can be sure and hold me to it.

WHEN I win the lottery, I am going to "fund" a National at a centrally located track that will be an any club welcome event with qualifying determining starting position.  The trophies will suck(maybe an imitation piece of poop on top of a base with the theme being "I'm the Shit!-Nationals"), so if you win hopefully you won't go bragging too much.  To offset the trophies, the payouts will be good enough and deep enough to attract riders from all over so the competition will be fierce!  No Pros and I decide where the line gets drawn on that(imagine the thread and shit storm on that one :biggrin:).

After that, I'm on to fix the BCS crap with college football :biggrin:

I know I'm dreaming, but it sure sounds good.  Now I'm headed downstairs to get less fat!  
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

backMARKr

Greg   that is some funny shit right there.... :lmao:

Cmon man....you know you miss central Illinois.....tornados, no trees, Illinois politics....
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

MELK-MAN

Quote from: backMARKr on June 24, 2010, 07:12:50 PM
Greg   that is some funny shit right there.... :lmao:

Cmon man....you know you miss central Illinois.....tornados, no trees, Illinois politics....

Yea, what is a tornado or 2 to liven up some race speed laps! LOL>
I do kind of miss the miles and miles of corn and bean fields back there. It made for some boring driving when i was there but 22 yrs later i actually do miss that stuff sometimes.

Greeny

Quote from: MELK-MAN on June 23, 2010, 09:40:17 PM
.. clearly stated in the post just above yours (by me) and a number of other times.
1) Money - more riders/spectators likely to show
2) weather - likely to be GREAT in FL, potential for shit storm in KS
3) keeping DIS happy

oh, i didn't understand you were one of the ccs decision makers.

skiandclimb

I understand why the SE folks are happy about the Homestead decision, and I understand why the rest of us are bummed it won't be at HPT.

What I don't understand is how this thread has now gotten to be 14 pages long, and NOBODY from CCS has stepped forward to explain the reasoning behind the decision. C'mon folks, it's damage control time. You've successfully sent this forum into a tizzy with the ROC change, after posting a poll, and have offered absolutely no explanation. There are riders tralking trash to each other, some talking trash about CCS as a whole, some boycotting ROC altogether, and some just pooping on other regions.....none of it is helping the cause- and all of it is pretty much systemic of this thread, and your (CCS') decision.

A reply from CCS staff on this thread would be nice.  But seeing as how the information was disseminated in the first place...I won't hold my breath.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com