Heartland Park-Topeka
97 (60.2%)
Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

hdpromos

Quote from: funsizeracing on June 23, 2010, 05:00:02 PM
All I've seen is you telling everyone they are wrong but not actually provide any rational arguments to back up your statements.  Perhaps I missed them when I was sidetracked by your snarky and snide tone you took with others simply because you didn't like what they said.

I gave "rational" answers, you just can't handle the truth! I guess you just "missed them" when you got "sidetracked"! :cheers:

HD

funsizeracing

Could you please point them out? 

One other question. Did you order the code red?
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

SnacktimeKC

sasrocks

Quote from: funsizeracing on June 23, 2010, 05:45:16 PM
Could you please point them out? 

post of the year

hdpromos

[/quote]

Oh my, I think you got me with that one! :rollseyes: It's been fun conversing with you guys but I gotta get ready for a race this weekend. Good luck with your racing where ever that is. And I am serious about that!

HD

MELK-MAN

Quote from: sasrocks on June 22, 2010, 07:06:39 PM
Better yet, why dont you and the sunshine boys quit sticking a stick in it, STHU and have your Havana Invitational Regional Championship. The rest of the country (i.e. paying CCS customers) you continue to piss off by unneccesarily  stirring the pot, (CCS HQ has got to appreciate that) could really give a shiot. We'll turn the page and vote with our dollars.

wow.. So the ROC comes down to TWO possible venues, one in the sun with a better possibilty of paying racers/spectators (Homestead draws a GOOD gate) or.. Potential for sleet and snow (maybe good weather). Kevin E. has likely been hanging on this season, even not going to Barber (i suspect due to the huge rental fee yet SMALL grid size last couple years). So, if I were a betting man with MY COMPANY on the line, what would i do? GO with the good odds, that include keeping DIS happy.
Had it gone to KS, i suspect anyone West of the MISS river would have been having a laugh on FL riders? How does any of this complaining back and forth HELP RACING! Especially at a time when the plug could be pulled on racing org. at any time when they can't be making much money.. Everyone should just give it a friggin rest..
oh.. And i voted for KS. No bullshit. I like homestead, but would have used it as an excuse to learn a new track.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Greeny

oh well, looks like it's the national southeast championship as usual.  i would love to know what factors were more decisive than a 60/40 vote in favor for HPT. 

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Greeny on June 23, 2010, 09:36:23 PM
oh well, looks like it's the national southeast championship as usual.  i would love to know what factors were more decisive than a 60/40 vote in favor for HPT. 

.. clearly stated in the post just above yours (by me) and a number of other times.
1) Money - more riders/spectators likely to show
2) weather - likely to be GREAT in FL, potential for shit storm in KS
3) keeping DIS happy
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

HAWK

OK Greg,

Well I think the poster you are pointing out the facts to has it right then, if he doesn't like Daytona then he needs to vote with his dollars. You have confirmed this with the statement that, more riders are likely to show. You have in essense told those who would like to see the ROC in Topeka to stay home.

I seem to recall qualifing in a torential downpour last fall, must have been a figment of my imagination. Let's see, Miami annual rainfall 55" Topeka 35", Weather is a roll of the dice anywhere.

As I mentioned earlier this is a ONE time change of venue, just how upset do you really think DIS is going to get if the event goes to another venue that they don't own for this year ONLY? Just would have been a nice jesture to all those racers not in the SE region to have the event at a centrally located track while Daytona was NOT available.

Oh well, have fun at homestead.

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

roadracer162

Paul,

I can understand your dismay for Topeka not being chosen. If Topeka had been chosen I would not have attended, but I think that you would have attempted to tell me of all the glories of making the trip from Florida to race there. In your eyes it is feasible for me to drive for whatever glory there is in a National Championship. There will always be someone that doesn't agree with the decision. The instructions were pretty clear and by no means is the sole reason for the outcome of the decision. Whatever the reasons it is the business owner's responsibllity to make it work.

I have also thought about the term voting with my money, and then i realized that it was just me that was being affected by not racing and doing something that I love. if there is better racing for you then great.

This year I didn't plan on doing the Daytona ROC but with it at Homestead I have more of a chance because it is more a riders track at least moreso than Daytona. I would love the ROC to be held at different venues each year. VIR, Barber, Miller all have appeal to me. if I knew ahead of time I could make plans to make the trip. I race on a budget and it is very low so distance, time and vacation availability at work makes a difference in planning.

The decision has been made. I hope that you all can look past that and maybe make it for some good old fun. I hope that next year we could have a different track to run the ROC.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Burt Munro

I really don't know what you guys expected............

*Florida

*Voting

*Problems with results

Didn't we go through this once before about 10 years ago????
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

backMARKr

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 23, 2010, 11:23:08 PM
I really don't know what you guys expected............

*Florida

*Voting

*Problems with results

Didn't we go through this once before about 10 years ago??

"Hello, my name is Rick and I am a professional shit disturber!" :biggrin:

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13