News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Running from cops?

Started by dicatirider944, May 13, 2007, 04:10:58 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

Multiple point and squirts out of several turns is the biggest advantage on a bike to gain a huge distance very quickly without going very fast, next is the ability to pull over (when out of site) to stop and watch (just out of plain site) as the cop(s) go by, no more pursuit after you stash your leather coat (to be picked up later) and put on the different colored windbreaker you have stashed in the bikes trunk. I have to admit I might have been guilty of this one in the past, but it's because I knew that MOST cops in this area are generally real jerks to sportbike riders, but then they leave the cruiser bikes alone that are driving like idiots and have 140 decibal exhausts. I was never one to weave in and out of the bad drivers that are always driving distracted and slow as hell while taking up every lane on the multi-lane roads, but I will admit I would make my way thru the cattle (traffic) very effectively.

I don't encourage people to run, but I have encouraged them to 'AVOID' getting into a formal disciplinary situation by pulling over out of site ASAP and just taking a breather. I was never in a situation where my plate would have been able to be read, but had it been I would have pulled over immediately because once there is positive identification your screwed.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

jeremy271

I have absolutely no comment on this one......... well at least a few of us got smart and went racing, right DA.... nevermind.

Dr. Evil

Wow!!!!
Sounds like we have some real life "Ghostriders" here.
(sorry, I can't find a flaming skull icon)
For some puckering excitment, check out the Ghostrider dude on google video...
OK, I guess it alright to run, if you are making money for the company, doing jobs that Americans won't do...
Running from a Motorcycle Officer would be just plain rude.

Court Jester

i swore i wouldn't do it again. but if it were a motorcycle officer, i might consider one last fling. just cause i hate harleys.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

imafrogg420

Im majoring in criminal justice and wanted to be a cop all my life. but I gotta say from my experiance all the cops on my bike are complete  A-Holes (for lack of better words). I've never gotten a ticket on my bike. but pulled over plenty of times. like two weeks ago I had this cop giving me this lecture on how I was speeding and since I was with more than one rider it is considered drag racing and he is going to have to inpound my bike let alone the speeding ticket on top of that. I sat there with my mouth shut even though I was completely pissed off and was completly respectfull. now what happen was it was a back road with twisties at a 40 mph speed limit and I was doing like 60 ish but the cop never saw me. he said he heard me so he came after. when I saw the lights in my mirrors I was I pulled over and blah and sat there for an hour and got harressed. no tickets cus he never saw anythign!! so annoying.

not to rant but last week by friend got hit by a car while on his bike. totaled the bike and he was kidn of banged up. we were doing like 40mph going from stop light to stop light and when the cops came the cop told us this happen becasue "we were F'ing around and being wreckless"

So yea I'm sick of the negative stereo type.  but all this harrass ment and with as easy as it is to run on a modern sport bike. it makes me not want to stop any more. aklsdfhklasdhj rrrrrrrrrr i am so frustrated with it. I need to move to deals gap. and stick to the track ahh.  Ive ran before and honestly dont regret it, as bad as it sounds Im jsut being honest
2007 R6!!!!!  BAMF Riders!!!

Ridgeway

Moving to the gap to avoid the po-po would be counter productive.  They're known for their "racing" stings down there.
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

barb_arah

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you, Bad Boys, Bad Boys? Whatcha gonna do?  Whatcha gonna do?
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

Fast4fun

Normally I wouldn't reply to this thread 'cuz were all old enough to make our own bad decisions. But I was pulled over this morning on the way to work and was let go almost as quickly. A while back I asked a statie friend of mine if there is anything I can do to avoid a ticket and he gave me some advice that has come in handy over the years.  First, don't act like you don't know what you were doing wrong. This morning I saw the cop and headed for the right side median long before he got behind me. Second, understand that approaching a random car is a scary event for every officer even in the middle of morning traffic, much less late at night in the middle of nowhere. Always roll down your windows on the driver side, put your hands on top of the steering wheel, and if it's night, turn on your inside lamps. It puts cops at ease when they can see not only what you are doing but that you understand their predicament. Everything else is 'yes sir, no sir' stuff.  This has worked about 60% of the time. You just can't win em all.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

imafrogg420

yea I agree with that cooperating with them just makes the whole process easier. playing dum is just insulting their intelligence.
2007 R6!!!!!  BAMF Riders!!!

BRICKMAN

I have been pulled over lots of times but only got one ticket on my bike back in 2000. The judge was cool and dropped to a lesser charge, that was the last ticket I have on my record so Iam doin good. One time I ran from the man at the time of the chase I did not think of the trouble I would be in, after I got away that's when I got some sense. I stoped riding on the street two years ago. Now my Corvette that's another story :ahhh:

Jeff

I ran once when I was like 16.  Was exhilirating but freaked me out.  Never again...

Since that day I've always made it a point to tell people in group rides that I would be the designated pull-over guy.  And in upholding that commitment, I've been in 2 groups of bikes where the cops have given chase.  I immediately pulled over and once both cop cars kept going after the group, and the second time there were like 6 cars.  One stopped with me and another guy while the others chased down the rest.  We got bitched at but no tickets...

It's just plain not worth it...  You risk your own life and everyone elses.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

funsizeracing

Quote from: imafrogg420 on May 24, 2007, 05:39:41 AM
yea I agree with that cooperating with them just makes the whole process easier. playing dum is just insulting their intelligence.

What intelligence?

Their not all bad, some are really cool.  Others just got shoved in lockers too much in highschool and this is their chance to carry a gun and push others around.

I always stop.  A friend who rode with us tried to run and paid with his life.  If I'm doing something wrong I'll take my ticket.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com