CCS Southeast

Started by NextLevelMotorsports, October 20, 2010, 08:02:40 PM

MELK-MAN

Quote from: weggieman on October 26, 2010, 02:00:00 PM
Why is any performance index needed? Why not use a straight points  awarding system like most orgs do? 

Pretty simple system and it works well.

as Mike stated, it was an attempt to keep someone from just getting a #1 plate or class championship by just "attending" and finishing, even if nowhere near the front.

I agree Mike, it hasn't exactly had the desired affect but was an attempt at least. A BIGGER problem in my opinion is the end of the season double point round. Racing all year could have lead to one or 2 riders being very close (but they only do a few events per weekend) only to have someone decide to show up and run every race possible..Or, one of the riders sneak in an extra race. I don't see that as much pf a difference from the original point system when there was no PI calculations to adjust total points. A slow rider finishing in the back has no chance with the PI in place (as a performance index of 200 will not get you a championship) but those are typically not the riders chasing championships . Anything can happen, and there is NO PERFECT method (except for one that has me winning a #1 plate..LOL!)

I have had discussions with some pretty smart people that have "been around" and a couple ideas may even things out.. 1) no double points at final round  2) limit the number of classes that can count for the overall championship.  3) perhaps be able to throw out the performance index in 1 class allowing a rider to race an event at a favorite track that he normally would not enter.
ANOTHER idea, would possibly be not allow points to count toward the overall championship of classes you did not run at say, 80% of the years events.. In other words, you can't borrow a wee bike to gather up double points when you raced 600's all year.

Riders should be rewarded for making every round even if they are not front runners, that is how it is in ANY series of racing be it AMA, MOtoGP, WSB, etc. Riders should have a chance to go head to head, and if one crashes or has DNF'S or can't make rounds, they can't win class championships. Consitancy and making the commitment to attend a SERIES (not a few rounds) is part of securing a class championship or two (or 29).. If a rider wins a championship, no matter if they won a race at all they should be PROUD, not ashamed.. i
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

stickboy274

I say, race what you want to race. Beat as many people as you can. See where it leaves you. I don't want to worry about doing higher math to figure out my points.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

Ducmarc

There seems to be a mad dash in the closing races of the year to win the number one plate.Making everyone with a chance race evey race they can changing the outcome of classes they might never run in any other time. Is that what you mean Greg?

Greeny

maybe a good, EASY stipulation to add to the performance index rating is that you need to finish the race for your position to be "counted".  this way, you don't have to worry about entering too many races that could lead to mechanical failures, crashing, or getting taken out by another rider. 

either way, i say just enter the races you want and let the cards fall as they may

f3racer

well it's official. i report to ft stewart in march.  20 minutes south of roebling, 3 hrs from daytona, 3 hrs from jennings
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Ducmarc on November 25, 2010, 08:57:19 PM
There seems to be a mad dash in the closing races of the year to win the number one plate.Making everyone with a chance race evey race they can changing the outcome of classes they might never run in any other time. Is that what you mean Greg?

Yes.. to some degree.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice