CCS Southeast

Started by NextLevelMotorsports, October 20, 2010, 08:02:40 PM

NextLevelMotorsports

So I'm switching to run CCS' southeastern schedule next year.  Looking at the schedule, it looks kinda like an afterthought of southern Mid-Atlantic rounds and northern FL rounds.  Guess I'll have to pick up Road Atl and Barber with WERA. 

I know that practices vary between the different CCS affiliates; who's the southeastern affiliate?  Is there anyone who only runs that schedule?
Southeast Conti Tire Guy
Triple XXX Race Fuel

MELK-MAN

i ran the SE series about 3 years now.. we had been going to Barber, but it is crazy expensive to rent and went to Roebling road this season instead. Not a bad trade off, RRR is nice. CCS texas runs the series. FL is run by HD. RA has never been on the schedule. Daytona, CMP, JGP,RRR,VIR.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

roadracer162

I may join you guys for a few rounds just for something different.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

f3racer

i might be moving from great plains to either southeast or florida region. i will be in southeast ga and its the same distance from there to miami as it is to vir.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

JimCohrs

You will love SE GA.  I live just north of ATL - we have VIR (5 hrs), Barber (2hrs), CMP (3hrs), Roebling (4hrs), Road Atlanta (30min), Jennings (4hrs), Tally (2hrs)  Living in SE GA you may be able to run both the SE and FL events.  We had a fun year this year.  Good luck in your move!

Jim
600's
Jim Cohrs
Expert #5
Yamaha R6's
Livengood Motorsports, Cycle Gear, Suwanee Clinic,
Pit Bull, Lockhart Phillips, Sharkskinz, Dunlop

NextLevelMotorsports

I'm going cuz its impossible to race and vend at the same time.  One of my employees races too, so he's running the mid central wera rounds and I'm running CCS, that way there's always somebody under the tent to change tires and what not.

I'm looking forward to actually running slicks and brembo master cylinders in superstock.  ccs superstock rules are way more liberal.  To compete for an overall #1 plate, will I need a second bike?  I saw that sean cassel won the yellow se #1 this year, I'd like to get after it myself, but there's no point if I'm going to need something besides my 600.
Southeast Conti Tire Guy
Triple XXX Race Fuel

NextLevelMotorsports

and which VIR layout does ccs run?  is it different at different events?
Southeast Conti Tire Guy
Triple XXX Race Fuel

Gixxerblade

They run the North Course at every event.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: NextLevelMotorsports on October 21, 2010, 04:28:05 PMTo compete for an overall #1 plate, will I need a second bike?  I saw that sean cassel won the yellow se #1 this year, I'd like to get after it myself, but there's no point if I'm going to need something besides my 600.
Because of some flaws in the way the Top 10 championship is set-up it's absolutely imperative you get the highest Performance Index (P/I) you can possibly achieve in EVERY race you run. If your not familiar with CCS's P/I calculation here it is:

[(T-A)/T]*1000 = performance index

T = the total number of people in your race (including yourself)
A = the total number of people that finished ahead of you

If you don't multiple by 1000 you get a percentage number, for example .75, multiply that by the points for your finish and you can see the actual points you earned.

If you consistently finish 5th in all your races you would get 21 points (2010 season) for each of those finishes - the flaw here is with the Performance index being calculated against your points. The way the current Performance Index is set-up it only takes into account the number of riders in the race, not the actual competition you encountered. So if a race has 50 entries, and there's 4 blazingly fast guys in that race, there's a big chance a huge gap will form between 4th and 5th place by the end of the race. The end result would be 21 points for the 5th place rider multiplied by their P/I of 92% which gives them an actual points of 19.32 (but at no point was that rider fighting for the lead). At the opposite extreme is a race that has only 5 riders, but in this example every one of them fights tooth and nail the entire race constantly fighting for 1st place. In this case the 5th place rider gets 21 points, but unfortunately they get royally screwed by their P/I calculation of 20% which leaves them with only 4.2 points for their hard work.

This is why it's crucial if your going for a Top 10 plate (and your a consistent Top 10 finisher or better) to only run races that have alot of entries in them, or low entry races that you know you can either win or at worst get no lower than 3rd place. The unfortunate thing is that ALL the Performance Indexes you achieve thruout the entire season are ALL averaged together to come up with 1 number which represented your AVERAGE PERFORMANCE INDEX. This is huge because that means that even the races that you won and had a perfect P/I will get dragged down by all the races that you had lower P/I's. Not only does a bad finish not pay out points, it drags down all the points you all ready earned in other races! This Championship points system isn't just about running a ton of classes, it's about getting the best possible finishes you can get in EVERY race you run.

If your planning on running a 600 for the season the key will be selecting the correct classes based on your ability to finish well at each event. If your confident you can beat the fast guys on the 750's & 1000's on certain tracks, then you should take advantage of that and run the Heavy Weight & Unlimited races at those events. But if your going to the fast tracks and know your going to get smoked by even the mid pack guys on the 1000's then don't even think about running the HW & UL classes at those events because your average P/I will get destroyed and hurt the points you already had.

Hope that helps - Good luck!  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

GSXR RACER MIKE

Here's some examples of actual points paid after Performance Index is applied:

5 riders in a race
2nd = 24
3rd = 15.6
4th = 9.2
5th = 4.2

10 riders in a race
2nd = 27
3rd = 20.8
4th = 16.1
5th = 12.6
6th = 9.5
7th = 7.2
8th = 5.1
9th = 3.2
10th = 1.5

25 riders in a race
2nd = 28.8
3rd = 23.92
4th = 20.24
5th = 17.64
6th = 15.2
7th = 13.68
8th = 12.24
9th = 10.88
10th = 9.6
15th = 4.4
20th = 1.2

50 riders in a race
2nd = 29.4
3rd = 24.96
4th = 21.62
5th = 19.32
6th = 17.1
7th = 15.84
8th = 14.62
9th = 13.44
10th = 12.3
15th = 7.2
20th = 3.1

If you ran 10 races at an event, averaged 25 points per race for a total of 250 points, and had a 90% average Performance Index, your actual earned points would be 225. Now if you took that same example, but had crashed in one of those races (a 10 rider race) and ended up finishing 10th, your average P/I would get dragged down to 82% for ALL your points earned that weekend. That means your actual points after the P/I calculation would only be 196.8 due to that 1 bad result, if you hadn't run that 1 race at all your adjusted overall points would have been 202.5 - so with P/I you actually get punished for racing and not finishing well. Before P/I was used to calculated actual points you would have left that event with 240 points because that 1 bad finish wouldn't have counted AGAINST YOU like it does when factoring in your P/I - you would have still received 15 points for 10th place.

That in my eyes is a major flaw in the way the Championship system is currently set up, I don't think that punishing racers for actually racing is a positive thing. A more reasonable way for calculating the points using P/I would be by doing it only for each individual race, this way it doesn't take away points you already earned in other races. If that were the case then the 10th place finish I gave in the previous example would actually have a positive result with 1.5 points being awarded and an event total of 226.5 points (instead of 196.8 points when calculating P/I like it is currently).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MELK-MAN

do you need more than 1 bike (600) to compete for a #1 plate? No.. but you need to be fairly fast and consistant, and make all the rounds. AND.. enter a CRAP load of races. 
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Gixxerblade

…and don't crash. That royally screwed me this year with all those DNF's. 4 crashes turned into 6 or 7 DNF's. :(