Biker Boyz made me do it.

Started by ice, February 12, 2003, 01:38:14 PM

ice

Motorcycle Accident

Hello and welcome back to another edition of the Way Weird Ezine. A Virginia family is suing a famous tennis shoe company this week for the "accidental death" of their son. The family's spokesperson, and mother of the deceased 24 year old Jonathan Wrigley, Nancy Wrigley told reporters the following statement:

"My son was killed because the soles of his shoes were defective. My son was a very skilled motorcycle driver, and while he was doing a very simple stunt, basically a stunt that a 4 year old child could do on a motorcycle, his shoe soles gave out, thus causing him to lose control of his cycle, and ultimately resulted in him being decapitated."

The family is suing the shoe company for $300 million. Reporters did ask her if the shoes were new, and she told them, "Yes, he had the shoes for only a year and a half before they became defective. He usually kept a pair of shoes for three or four years before he needed to replace them, so the pair that killed him were practically brand new."

Finally, she showed the reporters the "simple" trick that her son was performing before he was killed:

"On this video you'll see my poor son practicing a basic maneuver that anyone with good shoes can perform. This is not the tape of his death:

http://www.wayweird.com/archives/2002/may/skiing.shtml

Mrs. Wrigley ended the press conference with these words: "The shoe company responsible for my son's death will not rest until they are in hell. These corporate thieves are worse than child molesters, worse than rapists, and they will pay. I will make sure that next year at this time I'll have a fancy car, a new house, and a ton of jewelry."

I don't know about you, but this stunt looks a little dangerous. Do you think that the shoes should be blamed for his death?

OlDirtyBrian

Why cant people just be responsible for their own actions? He knew the risks and he payed the price.

Dawn

Ice:

I did a search for the news story and couldn't find it on the net.  Who was the manufacturer?

Dawn   :)

Baltobuell

If I were her 4 year old, I'd be real nervous of her expectations.

unforgivenracing

You may be a Redneck if......
You consider a 1 1/2 year old pair of sneekers to be your "Good Shoes". :D
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Dawn

QuoteYou may be a Redneck if......
You consider a 1 1/2 year old pair of sneekers to be your "Good Shoes". :D

LOL!!!!

;D     ;D    ;D

ice

Dawn,

I did a search as well and I couldn't find any details on the shoe company either......

Leon_Eddins

Hi everybody!

Just want to comment on the thread, HEY YOU,OUT OF THE POOL. Accidents are made to happen to kill stupid people,ie this video which in turn makes the gene pool less crowded. SWIM CALL !

Leon   ???

Dawn

QuoteDawn,

I did a search as well and I couldn't find any details on the shoe company either......

LOL!!!

It could be another one of those "Urban Legends," but it did make for good reading.

Dawn   :D

unforgivenracing

I that note, Spay and newter your pet.
 ;D              ::)                         8)
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Dawn

QuoteI that note, Spay and newter your pet.
 ;D              ::)                Hi Dawn :-*

Hey Unforgiven:

Am I right?

Dawn   :)

ice

Late Braking (SIC) report!!!!!!

This guy is obviously not a CCS racer otherwise he would have known better.  The "shoe guys" have all the answers on how to equip your feet for any situation.

If he had followed Speedballer's advice:

QuoteI would have just used black duct tape over my tenny's.....but that's just me

and

worn some
Quotediscounted' super-fly scuffer's

I'm sure he would have been alright.

He should have been wearing ALDO "Pimp Shoes"...
Word is they never let you down ;D