Do or do not, there is no "try".

SliderPhoto

QuoteThis isn't a call for suggestions, just a straightforward question

YES! ;D

roadracer797

Yes and I would even like to help in any way possible
Craig

Dawn

I would be willing to help, as long as it could be accomplished through e-mail, mail, phone or fax.  Travelling is tough with my current work schedule.

Dawn   :)

sdiver68

Can of worms here.  Proceed with caution.

:-/

signed,

your friendly management consultant in real life.
MCRA Race School Instructor

spyderchick

Agreed, that's why its only a question...not a suggestion box.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org

Baltobuell

At Formula races if there is a question about, safety, rain, schedule, tec, whatever, I've seen Kevin ask a group of the more serious racers how they felt about a situation. If Himmelsbach, Barnes, Acree, Bemisderfers and that bunch agree, that's plenty good enough for me, whatever they think. I think it's a cool way of doing things now. Kevin knows his limitations, gets input from knowegable riders, and makes a decision. How you going to do better than that.

Thingy

-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

chris_chops

Yes, we are now in the right direction!

K3 Chris Onwiler

I'm in a union at work.  There are so many ways that this could go wrong.  Get the wrong people representing you, and you're screwed.  people participate in things like this for a variety of reasons, from a genuine desire to help to a need for personal power.
The management-union rift can get so big that no one will yeild on ANYTHING, just to spite the other.  I agree that change needs to happen, and I'm not the guy with the answers.  I voted "Not Sure."  Be careful what you wish for, and don't jump without thinking.  Change is good, a willingness to find solutions is good, but rash, emotional decisions are bad.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

R6Chris760

I think you hit it right on the nose K3.  It could be a good or bad thing, just depends on who we have to represent us.

the_weggie_man

No vote here because I don't think the group would be recognized by CCS/CCE.  Looks like I openeed this can of worms with my banquet bitchin' but can't say if this is the answer.

If this was a true voting membership organization it could work but that's not the situation here.

Super Dave

QuoteAt Formula races if there is a question about, safety, rain, schedule, tec, whatever, I've seen Kevin ask a group of the more serious racers how they felt about a situation. If Himmelsbach, Barnes, Acree, Bemisderfers and that bunch agree, that's plenty good enough for me, whatever they think. I think it's a cool way of doing things now. Kevin knows his limitations, gets input from knowegable riders, and makes a decision. How you going to do better than that.

Well, that's an immediate thing.  But there are things that have been changed in the interest of the minority.  The majority didn't complain, but the minority was heard.  

I'll give an example of the current fuel rules as a problem...  And leave it at that.  

I would be in for being part of a group voice.  I am always very interested in making things better, more reasonable, more simple.  I do offer quite a few suggestions.  Some get knocked down because they don't always make sense.  Some might.

Really, the good think is that Kevin Elliott has the ability to make decisions.  If something is logical and makes sense, we can at least help with change.  Every year, changes to the rules are always requested.  I've put in for some, and got them changed.  It's a matter of making a good case.    
Super Dave

Baltobuell

What fuel rules? I thought everybody used pump or one of the typical race fuels.

Super Dave

First define typical...

Second, pump gas would not pass the fuel rules as they are written.  They are not enforced too.  But why have such a rule...
Super Dave

Chef

true that we need the correct representation.
 my mind says, we need someone who has been around, and is fed up, but we need them to feed the truth to someone who will present it professionally (with a strong backing)

the REALLY good thing here is that i notice Kevin write "we got complaints last year (50) and "tried" something different this year.
didnt go as good, but the effort and determination to please is there.

why is it always so hard to work together ???

drty
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Baltobuell

By race fuel I meant VP or Torco or something I'd buy at the track.  I had no idea about fuel being an issue. I guess if they're not enforcing it who cares, but it could really screw up things if for some reason 1 day somebody decided to check and disqualify somebody. So, OK point proven, but does Kevin or somebody even know the potential for disgruntelment?
 I guess I'm coming from the view of CCS officials accepting the job because they love racing. I don't think it's for big bucks, glamor, or a power thing. I think they must love it or why would anybody work, travel, work all weekend, travel, all summer. I really do believe they try to be as fair as possible. But now, with Daves enlightnment, maybe someone to collect views and make suggestions for the group may be in order.

unforgivenracing

You guys bring up some great topic's.  Its to bad every one has to look so hard to see them. :P
Why not start a new topic so all can join in?
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Dawn

QuoteYou guys bring up some great topic's.  Its to bad every one has to look so hard to see them. :P
Why not start a new topic so all can join in?

Sometimes threads take a life on all their own and topics stray from the original subject line.

If you see something that could warrant a new thread or topic, feel free to start one on your own.  

Dawn  

Super Dave

I have always tried to work with CCS.  Some, like Kevin Elliott, do listen and respond well.  Others are rather adversarial.  That's about it.  Honestly, I find that the only voice that I find is worth dealing with is Kevin.  He holds the cards.  At least if something is wrong or right, he will admit it.  

Will the advocacy group have power?  Potentially, no.  That would really be up to the riders.  Admittedly, racers can be pretty wrapped up in their whole program so much that taking the time to do anything more...  It's hard enough.

I was in on the 1994 shut down at the AMA Road Race at the Pomona "Parking Lot" because of some really terrible safety issues.  Big mess.  Did we win?  I think it sucked all around.  But at least the riders stuck together...
Super Dave

chris_chops

Wow, 37 responses to poll!
People really care!

Dawn

QuoteWow, 37 responses to poll!
People really care!

Matt - I sense a bit of sarcasm in your post...  Hopefully I am wrong.

Just an FYI - the average number of votes per poll is 23.  

Dawn  :)

Super Dave

LOL!  I couldn't register anything on the poll...  so, don't look at the poll.

And then let's remember that some people just are not on this site.  

And then there are people that are pro active...

Seldom does a majority work to make changes when they think that things are "fine".  But, I do see where there are things that can be better.  

Then there is the problem that racers rotate out so much too...
Super Dave

Chef

ask ole chef,
too many cooks spoil the brew, or stew ???
whatevers cookin...

i'd best get bookin
got's work ta do
and da boss is a lookin   ;D
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

spyderchick

QuoteWow, 37 responses to poll!
People really care!

Well,  to be fair, there are only about 3 dozen folks who have more than 100 posts to this site, and those are mostly the regular contributors. (And dawn posts from 2 addresses...she gets to vote twice ;))

I think it's great that people care enough to vote at all. Thanks all! This isn't scientific but it does get people thinking.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org

unforgivenracing

YES :) 8)
Where do I sign up?
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn