News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2nd Gen SV question

Started by Ridgeway, January 07, 2005, 08:02:59 PM

Ridgeway

I'm in the process of getting my 03 SVS setup for next season and have a couple of questions for those that are running these...

When you use aftermarket clipons (specifically Woodcraft), how do you secure the front brake reservoir since it normally screws into the stock clip-on?

What do you use for an axle spacer to eliminate the front wheel speed sensor?

Any help would be much appreciated!
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

tzracer

I made a bracket and attached to the upper triple. I didn't like the location very much. I am going to try a wellnut in the end of the bar and a bracket.

Just tried the well nut idea, looks like it is going to work well, my current bracket worked. My local hardware did not have any metric well nuts, so I bought one that used a 5/16 bolt, fit great (need a well nut OD of about .625).

I made an aluminum axle spacer to replace the speedo drive. I used 7068, but 7075 would be ok and cheaper.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Zac

QuoteI made an aluminum axle spacer to replace the speedo drive. I used 7068, but 7075 would be ok and cheaper.

6061 would be a lot cheaper, much more available, and plenty strong for use as a wheel spacer as long as the wall thickness was decent.

Take your speedo drive to a machine shop (or anyone with a lathe) and tell 'em what you need.

As far as the reservior mount, tz's idea was pretty cool.  What I did on my CR when I put on a brembo radial was make a bracket from some bent aluminum strip that attached to one of the MC mounting bolts.  It also has a notch that indexes against the MC to keep the bracket from rotating, because it only is held by one bolt.

-z.

Ridgeway

Thanks guys!  I like the bracket ideas, and I've picked up some stuff to experiment with.

Also, I found that Pitbull sells a SV650 wheel spacer for $16.  Going to try that before I have something made.
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

dwilson

I have a gen1 naked that I put SVS triple clamp and clip-ons on... you can use the naked master cylinder and not need to make a bracket for the reservoir.

It would probably be less work to just make the bracket though.