News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Ultralight rules

Started by riopko, November 19, 2008, 09:46:35 PM

HAWK

Quote from: funsizeracing on November 28, 2008, 02:48:10 PM
Both my SS SV and 800 Duc put out 75hp on the dyno.  Of course, that was before the SV motor had seen 4 seasons.  ::)

I need 90hp from my SV to keep up with her on the straights!
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

benprobst

Quote from: HAWK on November 29, 2008, 12:28:40 AM
I need 90hp from my SV to keep up with her on the straights!

lol, imagine me! We used to race together and it was like she was on a frickin 600 coming out of corners she just jumped away from my big ass. Not anymore though, I think she is down to about 65 DJ hp. I was standing in the woods for the braking zone of 5 at RA, and Hernan came by her with about, ohh I dont know, 35 miles an hour give or take lol. Sweet payback for all those straightaway passes she has given me back in the day (passed me in the corners too but that wasnt nearly as humiliating).
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

EX_#76

Quote from: klebs01 on November 20, 2008, 04:23:28 PM
I emailed Eric a while ago about this.  He said that its superbike rules with max displacement of 650cc.

Klebs01
     Can you post that email for all to see?

Eric,
     Please post CCS's plans on this.  I am building a new bike.  I need to know what size to make the engine.  If it is undecided and you are taking input:  I would really like to see 1mm overbore allowed on the SV.  The cylinders do wear and a 1mm overbore would prevent frequent re-sleeving. 

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Cowboy 6

Quote from: EX_#76 on December 01, 2008, 11:47:23 AM

Eric,
     Please post CCS's plans on this.  I am building a new bike.  I need to know what size to make the engine.  If it is undecided and you are taking input:  I would really like to see 1mm overbore allowed on the SV.  The cylinders do wear and a 1mm overbore would prevent frequent re-sleeving. 

Guy

+1 here. 1mm is legal for SS. If it is not allowed, a SS legal bike would not be legal for SBK!
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

race712

I thought this was already official and announced?  In the CCS mailer that I recently rcvd I'm pretty sure it said the SV is capped at 650cc for ulsb.

EX_#76

Quote from: race712 on December 01, 2008, 02:35:37 PM
I thought this was already official and announced?  In the CCS mailer that I recently rcvd I'm pretty sure it said the SV is capped at 650cc for ulsb.

Yes, you are correct that subject was in the mailer.  That was under the recomendations for update to CCS.  It is my understanding that the changes are not official and subject to change until the new rule book is printed.  That is why I would like to here what the rules are from a CCS official before I do anything on the new bike.

See link to mailer http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2009/license/2009%20license%20mailer.pdf

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

Eric Kelcher

UlSB 650cc 1999 and later water cooled twins
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Scotty Ryan

Hmmm - I love riding SV's - Some of the most fun racing I've done. I rode a Honda Hawk in 2004 or 2005 in the ULSB class. The thing was super light and had a HOT motor. I remember running Ed down at AutoBahn - Was stoked that I had my first chance at beating Ed. Didn't happen though cause I asspacked him and destroyed the bike - One of the worst concussions I have ever had. Never got another chance at Ed tho - I bent a crank in the HOT motor and then lost the tranny in the KINDA HOT motor at the next event. The bike has sat ever since.

If there was some sort of contingency from Suzuki - I would ride an SV again.

Well - If Guy put me on one of his bikes I would race it :)  Hint Hint

Then again - I wouldn't want to steal Ed's thunder.....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

EX_#76

Quote from: Scotty Ryan on December 03, 2008, 01:20:01 AM
Hmmm - I love riding SV's - Some of the most fun racing I've done. I rode a Honda Hawk in 2004 or 2005 in the ULSB class. The thing was super light and had a HOT motor. I remember running Ed down at AutoBahn - Was stoked that I had my first chance at beating Ed. Didn't happen though cause I asspacked him and destroyed the bike - One of the worst concussions I have ever had. Never got another chance at Ed tho - I bent a crank in the HOT motor and then lost the tranny in the KINDA HOT motor at the next event. The bike has sat ever since.

If there was some sort of contingency from Suzuki - I would ride an SV again.

Well - If Guy put me on one of his bikes I would race it :)  Hint Hint

Then again - I wouldn't want to steal Ed's thunder.....

A ride on my bike can be bought....  hint - hint

Of course if you wad it up, I will inflict great pain upon your wallet
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

HAWK

Do you have a 650cc SV? I thought standard pistons were too small for your hands to grasp.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

EX_#76

Quote from: HAWK on December 03, 2008, 12:31:43 PM
Do you have a 650cc SV? I thought standard pistons were too small for your hands to grasp.

Haha, Yep I still have my SS motor.  STD bore, just needs trans. I am collecting parts to finish off a new chassis. 

I wrap a rag around the pistons so they don't slip through my hands!!!!
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

roadracer162

The Ducati 800 won another one this past weekend. I ran it in GT lights and finished 5th in between some very fast guys and bikes. I am slowly learning this thing. If only I knew how to ride it when I was at Daytona.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.