News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ESU = Qualifying

Started by The Arsenal, February 28, 2007, 02:20:56 PM

Mongo

You might want to do a little more research than just on the posts on the BBS.  One person saying it was implemented doesn't mean it stayed that way.  My post in 2002 was true, in 2002.  Just as it was the following year in the other thread you linked.  Actually, it's true right this very second, we cannot afford to buy enough transponders to put them on every bike.  So we came up with another method that worked.

Either way, qualifying at a club race will not work.  It cannot be done fairly or safely (using your theory on what the term means).

What's funny is I told you the same thing 5 years ago and you still are clueless.  I love the interwebs.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Mongo

BTW thanks for the links to those threads, it's truly amusing to see how people don't change.  Fun trip down memory lane.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Super Dave

While I would enjoy having the opportunity to qualify for my club races, I have been convinced that it is impractical.

AMA, ASRA, and I'm betting WERA in their National Challenge sprints can offer it, but to do it much more just can't be done at regular club weekends for the many, many, many, many reasons that Kevin and Sean and others have given.

If it is that important to you StuartV666, I'd say get the AMA license and have at it.
Super Dave