News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VIR practice day?

Started by FullMoonRacing, September 09, 2002, 02:47:19 AM

FullMoonRacing

Is there a practice day in advance of the 10/5-10/6 CCS weekend there?  Who's sponsoring it, how does one sign up?  Please advise, thanks.

RoadRacerR6

Yes there is.  The practice day is sponsored by VIR, run by Cornerspeed (www.cornerspeed.net).  You sign up by showing up with your current race license in hand and pay the nice lady $100.  No pre-registration necessary.

ccs354

Does anyone know of a decent track map of the VIR North course that can be downloaded or printed?  I can't seem to print the one on virclub.com.  

Thanks

racestarter

FullMoonRacing

What are fast and average lap times for Amateurs and Experts at VIR?

racestarter

Can't seem to find any times for CCS since they don't "qualify" for races and apparently don't post times with their race results, so try this link and you'll see how the various AMA classes did at VIR.

//www.amaproracing.com/02rr/p7270/

Good luck!

FullMoonRacing

Thanks.  I realize there aren't posted times, I just figured someone could could shoot me some anecdotal info..."Last month, the top 5 amateurs Supersports were running in the XXX to YYY range"

THE_D.O.C.

r6_philly

QuoteThanks.  I realize there aren't posted times, I just figured someone could could shoot me some anecdotal info..."Last month, the top 5 amateurs Supersports were running in the XXX to YYY range"

You also didn't mention which class.

For MW winner is around '37-38, and top 10 at '42 and top 20 at '46 on a crowded weekend. So I say mid pack would be '45-48 range depend on your grid and start.

FullMoonRacing

QuoteYou also didn't mention which class.

For MW winner is around '37-38, and top 10 at '42 and top 20 at '46 on a crowded weekend. So I say mid pack would be '45-48 range depend on your grid and start.

Sure did mention class - it's even in your quote of me!  ---supersport AMs!  Thanks for your info, this is the kind of info I was looking for.

THE_D.O.C.

r6_philly

QuoteSure did mention class - it's even in your quote of me!  ---supersport AMs!  Thanks for your info, this is the kind of info I was looking for.

I meant which weight class (lightweight, middleweight or heavyweight) because the bigger bikes usually are a little faster  :P

By the way, most guys run all classes from supersport to GP, and the fast guys are all on SS bikes with DOT's... amatuers at least.

FullMoonRacing

QuoteI meant which weight class (lightweight, middleweight or heavyweight) because the bigger bikes usually are a little faster  :P

By the way, most guys run all classes from supersport to GP, and the fast guys are all on SS bikes with DOT's... amatuers at least.

Mea culpa.  You are correct, sir.  I was inquiring about MiddleWeight times.  Thanks.

stillslow

Hayden turned 1:25something and I know I was within 3 minutes of that ::)