Why is there not a GTO class for 1000cc bikes in F40?

Started by mtmansl, September 16, 2011, 02:57:27 AM

steve p

Quote from: ahastings on October 08, 2011, 12:32:18 AM
looks like you ride a 1000cc twin, maybe they should get rid of the twins class too then you could just race it against the other liter bikes

Arnie,  I have and do run against the liter bikes.  I do fairly well too thank you.  No problem if they get rid of the class as they don't give points for it anyways.  In many respects, it's a lot like the F40 class,  good enough to run and take your money, but not worthy of points for the overall.  Its all good.  I just wanted to stay sharp during the year.  Honestly CCS needs to get rid of classes and re-structure.  They have so many bullshit and redundant classes they can't even finish a day on time.  I have heard the CCS in other regions kicks ass, and that's great.  Here in the Midwest it sucks balls.  If you're on a rules committee, by all means get rid of the "fat,"  I'm all for it.

Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on October 07, 2011, 01:28:10 PM
There is a F40 because some guys over 40 for like to compete with guys around thier age. Me personally I don't care what age you are. When the flag drops I'm going to give it my all to win! For those of us that have big bikes generally only have 4 races on a normal weekend that we can do. F40 would give us another race. Sometimes we drive 9 hours plus and doing aonther race would be great. The F40 GTL, GTU, GTO is a great idea. They could all be ran at the same time so this would not take any longer then the F40 that is run now. Obviously you are not close to 40 so you don't give a crap but for those of us that are about to be 40 or that are already over 40 we do care.

Rick, I am pretty far into my 40's.  Don't need a handicap class to race with the best of them. 
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

Sobottka

maybe its different in other reigions but here in the mid west ther's not many liter bikes around, most guys now days are on 600's which is about 90% of whats used in f-40. if f-40 is opened up to 1000cc, it would just be another unlimited class that most guys on 600's wont enter and class size would suffer along with ccs's entry fee collection for f-40. as i understand it, this is why it is not currently open to 1000's. if ccs didn't try to run 40 races a day they could run an open f-40 (for the 2-3 guys who are eligable on 1000's) but as steve said they better be looking at cutting classes.   
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

mtmansl

Not sure what this issue is here???  If you run F40 as GTO, GTU, GTL it works out for everybody.  Why not give the 1k's another class to run in?  Just for the record, I'm in the Midwest Division...

steve p

So under your new rules, if you wanted to run both classes, you would sign up and pay for two classes but only race in one physical race?
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

Rick Johnson 29

I'm just looking for another race to be able to race in not a handicap race. This just seems to be the only option at this time. I enjoy racing with all ages. It wouldn't make any sense to pay for 2 races when they are raced at the same time. If you are on a 600 just enter the Regular F40 or if they change the format the GTU F40. We are not saying we want to be in the same class with the 600's or 750's. We want a class for big bikes. If someone chooses to enter a smaller bike in the big bike class that's on them.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Sobottka

for you choose to ride a 1000, its on you for getting a bike that can only run limited classes.  ::)  the ccs race day schedule is tight enough
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

Rick Johnson 29

We could just have a one wave start with the smaller bikes starting behind the bigger ones. This would not take any more time what so ever. We get another race and CCS gets more entry fees. Win win. Well it's up to the Rules Committee now.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

mtmansl

This wouldn't add another race!  Not sure what you don't undersatnd here???  Run F40 as one race, with GTO, GTU and GTL...  By you're rationale we should be limited to a small number of races because we chose to ride 1000's???
Quote from: Sobottka on October 20, 2011, 02:07:35 PM
for you choose to ride a 1000, its on you for getting a bike that can only run limited classes.  ::)  the ccs race day schedule is tight enough

Sobottka

im not the one who's confused. first off, f-40 will never run with any gt race, gt races are only combined with other gt races and not sprints. secondly f-40 is already combined with femmoto or lw-40, now according to your post it should be gto, femmmoto, f-40 and unlimited f-40 combined??? ...ok now i dont understand
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

tstruyk

ok now I'm a little fuzzy... if you combined F40 unlimited with the GT, how would that give guys on a big bike an extra race to run?? 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

2blueYam

OK, I will jump in here and see if I can clarify what mtmansl is proposing.  I believe the proposal is to run F40 GTL, F40 GTU, and F40 GTO classes.  All 3 of these classes on the track at the same time for a sprint race.

These classifications have nothing to do with the existing GTL, GTO and GTU endurance races other than they may share bike eligibility rules.

btw:  F40 GTU and F40 GTO would be fine, but I don't think having SV650's (F40 GTL) on the track with S1000RRs (F40 GTO) is a very good idea, particularly since it could be experts on S1000RRs and novices on SV650s.
R1 for Track, FZ1 for Street

Cowboy 6

Quote from: 2blueYam on October 24, 2011, 01:32:53 PM
btw:  F40 GTU and F40 GTO would be fine, but I don't think having SV650's (F40 GTL) on the track with S1000RRs (F40 GTO) is a very good idea, particularly since it could be experts on S1000RRs and novices on SV650s.

Or even worse, the other way around.....
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com