News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Why is there not a GTO class for 1000cc bikes in F40?

Started by mtmansl, September 16, 2011, 02:57:27 AM

Rick Johnson 29

There is a F40 because some guys over 40 for like to compete with guys around thier age. Me personally I don't care what age you are. When the flag drops I'm going to give it my all to win! For those of us that have big bikes generally only have 4 races on a normal weekend that we can do. F40 would give us another race. Sometimes we drive 9 hours plus and doing aonther race would be great. The F40 GTL, GTU, GTO is a great idea. They could all be ran at the same time so this would not take any longer then the F40 that is run now. Obviously you are not close to 40 so you don't give a crap but for those of us that are about to be 40 or that are already over 40 we do care.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

mtmansl

Why do you even care?  You have made your opinion known twice in this thread.  Duly noted, move on, as there are obviously other people that would like to compete in a class that already exists...
Quote from: steve p on October 06, 2011, 10:51:58 PM
Seriously, do we really need another freakin class in the CCS structure?  Why is there even a F40 class?  If you're over 40 and are worried about tradin paint, then take up knitting or golf.  Total waste of a class and time on the track!

ahastings

Quote from: steve p on October 06, 2011, 10:51:58 PM
Seriously, do we really need another freakin class in the CCS structure?  Why is there even a F40 class?  If you're over 40 and are worried about tradin paint, then take up knitting or golf.  Total waste of a class and time on the track!
looks like you ride a 1000cc twin, maybe they should get rid of the twins class too then you could just race it against the other liter bikes
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Rick Johnson 29

So you can post 6 times and I'm only allowed one post! This is not the WERA board! I'll be 40 before the start of next season that's why I care!
Rick Johnson
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

eh427

I'm with you Rick. I think they should be allowed also. I sent in this suggestion for the rules committee for next season. I know it has been before. We will see what happens.
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: eh427 on October 08, 2011, 12:10:01 PM
I sent in this suggestion for the rules committee for next season. I know it has been before. We will see what happens.

Bingo. Thats what people who want to see it allowed need to do. Send a suggestion to the rules committee. Where it goes from there is up to the committee.

Rick what do ya mean "So you can post 6 times and I'm only allowed one post"? The forum software wont let you or are posts you made disappearing? If theres a glitch I'll see what I can do.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Rick Johnson 29

No glitch. All my post are showing. At first I thought I was being asked why I care. When I went back and looked in I noticed he quoted someone else and wasn't asking me. Sorry guys.
Rick Johnson

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on October 08, 2011, 08:30:46 PM
No glitch. All my post are showing. At first I thought I was being asked why I care. When I went back and looked in I noticed he quoted someone else and wasn't asking me. Sorry guys.

No prob. Thought we may of had a forum software glitch
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Backmarker760

It would put more bikes on the grid while not adding time on the schedule.

It's a win , win.

I would join in on the fun too.

mtmansl

Rick, my post was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the guy complaining about too many classes.  I too have sent my request to the Rules Committee.  We are on the same side of this issue
Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on October 08, 2011, 11:07:42 AM
  So you can post 6 times and I'm only allowed one post! This is not the WERA board! I'll be 40 before the start of next season that's why I care!

smoke54

shoot, you 40 y.o. guys are in your prime.  i'm sticking with racing with the kids!
tim

Rick Johnson 29

Yeah I sent in some request also. Hope we get the F40 for big bikes and allowed to run slicks in SS.
Rick Johnson