Why is there not a GTO class for 1000cc bikes in F40?

Started by mtmansl, September 16, 2011, 02:57:27 AM

Falco

Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on November 16, 2011, 12:33:19 PM
I understand what you are say about closing speeds LW and Unlimited bikes. So yes we might have to add one race for safety reason. I'm sure CCS will make the races safe if a unlimited class is added. Maybe it could be structured something like this. Race1) LW F40 Ex & Am  Race2) Unlimited & MW F40 Am Race 3) Unlimited & MW F40 Ex   Just a idea! I'll let the higher powers work it out.

Instead of getting rid of some classes and make it more manageable on race day, your proposal just added another race to an already full schedule.  Not only it added a race but also  made the grids much smaller.  Under your suggestions CCS may as well give out championships at the beginning of the season, because there will be 4-6 people in each class/group. 

MW CCS #144 Am

twilkinson3

Quote from: Falco on November 15, 2011, 01:47:03 PM
You are talking about LW experts, I was talking about LW amateurs.  BTW Ed Key and Bruce are exception.  There were few guys running 1:38-1:40 in LW amateurs so maybe I exaggerated little bit, but imagine having them on a same track at the same time with Sobbotka, Johnny L, or FastEdy, George K, and i am not even talking about Bart etc.  Too many bikes with different speeds and approaches is a recipe for disaster.
We definitely agree it could be an ugly mess, I think you could run the MW and Unlimited F40 Am & Ex at the same time tho without any real difficulty

Rick Johnson 29

Not for me to say but it would might be better to keep the Unlimited & MW Am separate from the Experts but it could be done. Then that would not add a race. Cause as I've seen on some schedules form this year LW F40 was a different race from F40. I know that some days they cut it close to get in all the races but I don't think 15 mins will make or break the day. Heck some days we wait for a 2 hour team race and they still get all the races in. And adding a Unlimited F40 will be more racers to that grid because they isn't one now. Even if there is only 6 experts and 6 am.s on big bikes thats 12 more entry fees for CCS and we all get another race.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

roadracer162

When it comes to safety I believe that there is more importance in how many bikes are on the track at one time, and then how much more powerful one bike is to another. Yes, all circumstances cannot be made perfectly safe but limiting risk can.

I say let the 1000 run in a F40 Superstock, 600 in F40 Supersport, and then the LW F40. But then it must be the organizers perogative as to how many bikes he deems safe to let onto the track at one time. There are moments when a class just doesn't have much participation and classes can be combined. if the grouping of classes become too large then other means must be investigated.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

twilkinson3

Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on November 16, 2011, 03:57:26 PM
Not for me to say but it would might be better to keep the Unlimited & MW Am separate from the Experts but it could be done. Then that would not add a race. Cause as I've seen on some schedules form this year LW F40 was a different race from F40. I know that some days they cut it close to get in all the races but I don't think 15 mins will make or break the day. Heck some days we wait for a 2 hour team race and they still get all the races in. And adding a Unlimited F40 will be more racers to that grid because they isn't one now. Even if there is only 6 experts and 6 am.s on big bikes thats 12 more entry fees for CCS and we all get another race.
In the midwest this last year and late 2010 they ran together for the sprint races already, don't know about hte other regions but it didn't seem to cause any issues

Falco

In the MW region (HPT and BHF) in 2011 LW-40 and F40 were never run together, they were two separate races.  F-40 was run with LW SS and with FemMoto few times but never together with LW F-40.
MW CCS #144 Am

twilkinson3

Ya that lost a bit in translation hehe was trying to say middle weight amateur and expert sprint races and unlimited amateur and expert sprint races where run together - would likely be a subset of those same individuals in Unlimited F40

mtmansl

Well,

Good for you for doing your homework! :thumb:   Maybe I should have been a little more responsible like you and not have purchased a 1000cc to race.  What was I thinking and a huge disadvantage to boot???  Thanks for sorting us silly 1000cc racers out!
Quote from: Falco on November 16, 2011, 10:53:31 AM
There is a reason why I don't own a 1000cc bike.  As a matter of fact I do own one, but I do not race with it.  Those who purchased a litter bike to race should have done their homework and should have purchased a bike that suits the classes they want to race not the other way around.  CCS should not change the rules to suit individual racer,  rules are rules. 

BTW I do not have a problem with 1000cc racing in F40,  on smaller tracks like BHF your 1000cc is just a handicap. 

Sobottka

looks like those wanting an open displacement f-40 class get it for 2012.  ::) see here on pg 8 of the mailer http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2012/license/2012%20license%20mailer.pdf
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Rick Johnson 29

Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Suburbanrancher

Time to race NJMP  8)

Thanks for opening it up to us liter-pilots  :thumb: