DZUS Fasteners

Started by TonyC, January 21, 2007, 07:01:47 PM

TonyC

I am in the middle of installing Attack race bodywork to my '06 Kawasaki 636 and was looking for recommendations on which type fasterners I should use.  When I bought the bodywork I ordered the type offered by Attack (http://www.attackperformance.com/ARBProducts.html), but now think I should have ordered the quick release type.

Any advice?
CCS AM # 223

Gsxr2@@2

I am not sure what you mean by quick release type as all dzus fasteners are quick release. On a side note i just installed attack body work on my gsxr and i used a different type of dzus but it is still quick release just like the ones you ordered.

TonyC

You are correct, all dzus fasterners are quick release.  I meant to refer to the d-ring type.

By the way, any advice on installing the fasteners?  Pictures would be great.
CCS AM # 223

Jason748

I prefer the D-ring style, with either the "clip-on" or "rivet plate" receptacle.  Never been a big fan of the non-plate rivet type receptacle.

Good info here:  http://www.southco.com/resources/documents/d2.en.pdf   Not dial-up safe.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

cbirk

Quote from: Jason748 on January 21, 2007, 08:50:01 PM
I prefer the D-ring style, with either the "clip-on" or "rivet plate" receptacle.  Never been a big fan of the non-plate rivet type receptacle.

+1,  I prefer the clip-on style also. When you have to change bodywork they can be easily removed vs. the rivet style. The clip-ons are much more user friendly.

GSXR RACER MIKE

+2 on the clip style, they are all I use.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

251am

Sobottka

d ring with clip. i tried the riveted ones about a month ago and they are a pain in the ass. clip only for me
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

TonyC

Thanks. 

"Survey says" . . . . . . . . "clip + D-ring is the number one answer."
CCS AM # 223

Court Jester

i'm late on this one, but yeah. the clip/d-ring is far better. hand down.
i've flipped, rolled, slid, and everything else on the bikes on the street and track and i've yet to lose one.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

kylbie

my sharkskinz came with them installed with the fastners, my attack on the other hand came with the bike and had nothing on them, so i use zipties (they are more readily available, and i dont lose them on the track)

ive always had a couple of those quick release screws fall out on the track.  ive used tape, so i finally safety wired them together so they wouldn't vibrate out.

TonyC

Thanks again for all the advice.
CCS AM # 223