Ultra light superbike.. is this legal?

Started by G-reg, July 30, 2008, 10:38:26 AM

Jason748

:lmao: hum.... I have a 98 748 in the garage right now... but yea, that just doesn't seem right.

Greg you finished the Frankenstein bike yet?
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

G-reg

Yeah, just waiting for the permanently backordered rear wheel to come in..  :banghead:
--Greg
MW EX#84

YellowRacer

Yep, I have the '08 rule book right here. He's right, the 748 is legal. 
CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

tomholiday

hmmm....i think that officially changes my plans for next year (as long as they don't try to change the rules mid-winter).
Tim Haley
EX #211

badmonkey

they left out the 3 valve part, the duc 748 is not legal for ultra.......
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

EX_#76

I think someone forgot to put to "non-desmo" clause in the ULW rules like it is stated in the LW rules.  I believe CCS has been planning on moving the SVs into ULSB since last year.  I remember a very heated thread on SV in ULW subject, and Hawk was a heated contender in that post.  I believe the outcry convinced CCS to wait until next (this coming) season to implement the new rules package.  I would certainly hope that a 748 would not be considered as a fit in either the current ULW or LW classes.  I guess you would want conformation on the direction that CCS plans really allow the 748 in before you make your winter plans.

Eric or Kevin, can you give us some insight to the current ULW rules and your plans for next year?

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

ktd

Greg_Williams

Quote from: ktd on August 17, 2008, 07:50:34 PM
doesn't the 750 make 145hp?

A stock 748 will make about 90 hp.  The biggest drawback to the bike is it's weight.  You've got to remember that this bike was designed in the early 1990's and while it was very competitive in the mid to late 1990's all of the bikes have moved on since including Ducatis. 
Greg Williams

Cafe Racer Inc.
816-221-0711

www.caferacerinc.com

crimsoncloak

So when is ULW coming to the greater KS/NE area?  Good to know I can finally race my 748 against its true nemesis...the dreaded GS500!  I will grant you that there aren't that many 97~98 748s left out there, and they are pigs.  Mine weighs over 415 lbs with the tank full.  I'd say a stock~ish 748 with the street giblets removed is around 450~460.

tomholiday

will somebody official put this to bed already, sheesh.
Tim Haley
EX #211

EX_#76

Quote from: tomholiday on September 09, 2008, 05:36:19 PM
will somebody official put this to bed already, sheesh.

I think it has been put to rest.  Eric and Kevin look at this forum daily.  I would assume thier silence has spoken that it is leagl now, and they are thinking about next year.

What do you think Kevin and / or Eric?  Help us out here.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Super Dave

Quote from: crimsoncloak on September 09, 2008, 05:34:16 PM
Mine weighs over 415 lbs with the tank full.  I'd say a stock~ish 748 with the street giblets removed is around 450~460.
My Buell post race weight was 452#.  I think you need to be in middleweight.
Super Dave