News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Getting exemption for Supersport?

Started by Dave_Alexander, April 25, 2002, 09:28:36 AM

Dave_Alexander

I have a grey market Honda RVF400 I'd like to run in LW Supersport.  Unfortunately it's not legal since it wasn't sold in North America.  This model has no distinct advantage over the SV650's so I doubt any of those riders would complain if I ran with them.  I want it to be official, though, so I can keep the points I earn.  How do I apply for an exemption to the Supersport classification with CCS?

schpreck

I don't know the answer, but I can tell you you're a lucky lucky bastard.  I love those bikes!  Have fun!

-Jealous

bfkidd

Talk to kevin. Notice how it says in the rulebook that certain models will be allowed.

By the way, I ran a VFR400 for 2 years and won a regional championship. Although some people grumbled, I never had an issue with it. If I were you, I would seriously think about forgetting the SuperSport thing and trying to get more out of it (which also isn't easy). I liked my VFR, but I got tired of being blown past down the straights by the SV's. I now have a 750. Unfortunately the 400 just isn't competative anymore. I have tons of races on that bike so if you need any info feel free to contact me.

Chuck

CCS

Dave,

You can apply for an exemption to the NA requirement, just get us the complete specifications on the model in question and we will look at it. If it is similar to Chuck's machine, I do not see too much of a problem with securing the exemption.

Let me know what you want to do.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127