has anyone been to gingerman?

Started by oh344ccs, September 16, 2002, 04:53:48 PM

oh344ccs

???I posted asking for lap times for gingerman, I got no replies with any times.  :'( Has anyone raced that track with a lap timer?  If you can't give a lap time what can you say about the track, smooth, bumpy, holes, walls, animals?  Never been there, any info would be helpful

Dawn

We've never been there either.  The only information we got was from their site:  http://www.gingermanraceway.com/

Dawn   :)

lafer

During an open track day last year I ran some 1:42's on an EX 500.  Another guy on an EX was running 1:40's.  One of the 125 GP bikes there was turning 1:32 to 1:36's.  He is a pretty good racer, but I don't know how these times compare to his race times.  Other guys (and girl) were in the upper 1:30's and lower 1:40's.  I have no idea if these are "good" times or not.  It was a fun day...only about 10 bikes all day.

Gingermann is technical, frustrating, safe, and a lot of fun.  I wish I was gonna' be there.

Enjoy! :)

Marty

cbrracerg

Quote???( Has anyone raced that track with a lap timer?  If you can't give a lap time what can you say about the track, smooth, bumpy, holes, walls, animals?  Never been there, any info would be helpful
No it's not Blackhawk!!!Very cool track.If you have never been there, and want to go fast, pratice on friday!It's techinical, but once you find the right line, you can go very fast.See you there!!

Jeff

hehe... animals...  Last year at BHF, through turn 5 I hit a chipmunk with my left knee.  He ran out and would have made it, but then he did the chippy dance and tried running back.

This year, I hit a turtle with the front tire right before the apex of turn 1.  It was during practice in the morning so I wasn't going all out (thankfully).  Still slid out the front a bit but kept things up.

JeF4y: 2
Stupid animals: 0
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

dahustler

don't quote me on this but I think the track record is in the 1:23's. I think the fast experts are at 24's or 25's. fast amateurs should be around 29's. 1:30 got me a 2nd place at the last round there but there wasn't a lot of racers. It's a fun track but technical. It does get bumpy in spots. And watch out for the traffic jam in turn 1 at the start. it's a mother!!!
David Vaughn
ccs mw ex#27
TrackdayMag.com Racing
Chitown Hustlers

oh344ccs

;DThanks everyone I apriciate the info.  I've never been there and this helps give me a goal for friday practice.  hopefully the turnout is better than the last race there, looked at the results and didn't seem like that many racers.  

am125ike

Quote;DThanks everyone I apriciate the info.  I've never been there and this helps give me a goal for friday practice.  hopefully the turnout is better than the last race there, looked at the results and didn't seem like that many racers.  

theres also a post on page seven....

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1029292619