News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Big thanks to Michael Chachare + brake lever warn

Started by sdiver68, August 26, 2002, 09:08:15 AM

sdiver68

Quotehe's probably talking about Kevin Gordon.

Yeah, and he's an expert, I KNOW there were no AM's turning 1:15's!  1:17's had me right on the AZZ of the 2 fastest AM's last weekend.

Thanks Dave
MCRA Race School Instructor

dave333

QuoteOpen your eyes man. It's right there in his signature. Jeeze.  ;D

Reading is fundamental, and so is answering to your own name. Golly Jeepers!  ;)

One more time for sdiver.  Was it the gixxer that broke or was it another bike?  tia.

Jeff

QuoteYeah, and he's an expert, I KNOW there were no AM's turning 1:15's!  1:17's had me right on the AZZ of the 2 fastest AM's last weekend.

Thanks Dave

It had to have been Gordon.  Mike's dreads don't stick out noticeably and Mike is fast, but I don't think he's reached 1:15's yet...

Low, consistant 1:18's or high 1:17's will put you in the top of the amateurs.  
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

SliderPhoto

Yeah, I know I'm just a photo b****, but I thought I'd mention that I had the same problem with a lever this season.

The bike I picked up had been lowsided. I bled the brakes a few times and still couldn't figure out why there was so much slop in the lever. I was going to bleed the master cylinder and replace the lever because it was ground a bit. There it was, a small piece had broken near the part the actuates the master cylinder. Definitely something to look for.

And yeah, Michael is a hell of a guy. :)

sdiver68

Dave-

Sorry, i thought Kevin answered the question, but it was the gixxer.  FYI, if the parts guy doesn't have a spare lever for a late model gsxr, you can use one from the 99-01 R6, which is what i did.

KBOlsen

If Chachere isn't at :15 yet, he soon will be... and is definitely a TOTAL class act,  He's given me TONS of help out there.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

TZDeSioux

1:17's at BHF is pretty damn impressive. Sdiver.. this is your first year racing too right?

sdiver68

Thanks TZ  :)

Yes, this past BHF was my 6th weekend (2nd at BHF) of my 1st year, if you count the first 2 (Gateway, RA) when it was so cold and rainy I only ran a couple of events per.

Even though my best was 1:17.3, my average for the sprints was closer to 1:18.5.  My biggest problem is consistency, particularly when I'm in front or have a big gap in front of me.  Like I said, I need to find a consistent 3-4 seconds to run with the experts.

Speedballer347

So....that's why michael was soaking that set of brake-pads in oil ;D

Yeah, Michael is  8)  one of my favorite guys to dice w/ AND hang w/ at the track.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Gixxer124

QuoteReading is fundamental, and so is answering to your own name. Golly Jeepers!  ;)

One more time for sdiver.  Was it the gixxer that broke or was it another bike?  tia.

Aw shucks. I was just kidding. Please forgive me.  :'(