News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tough Weekend @ Gingerman

Started by extrakt0r, August 01, 2005, 12:31:52 PM

extrakt0r

Full report to come, but it was a tough weekend at Gingerman for me and most of the Kansas City Crew...

I wrecked in GTO, 1st race of the day about 3-4 laps in...

I had my 1st wreck, bike suffered minimal damage. I was going to highside, but saved the highside and lost it to a lowside when I tucked the front. I was going probably about 80-90 and slid and slid and slid...

Lost a left rear peg and shifter, windscreen, frame slider, swingarm slider...

Everything else is perfect outside the bodywork...

I have 3 sessions on video and will post them ASAP, but figured I would get the crash pics up for everyone to see...

After my wreck, I bounced right back and got a 3rd and 4th place finishes..Was running faster after my wreck than before, so it is all good...

Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Chester

Quite sorry about your crash, just glad "YOU" are alright. Congrat's on the 3rd and 4th place finishes!

Super Dave

Super Dave

extrakt0r

QuoteDid you like the track, Mike?

Yes I did...It is very hard to get a good line around the track...It seems as thou you need to wait until you think you should turn, and then turn a second later...Everything seams to Apex very late...

Other than the crash (Which sucks, but at the same time I did finally get it over with) I had a really good time and ran some decent times in the Low 32's high 31's...

It is very hard to get a liter bike around that track, I was in 2nd and 3rd most of the track with a short visit in 4th down the back straight...

My suspension setup from MAM seemed to work decent, but I did soften her up just 1 click of compression in the front and added 1 click of rebound in the front to get he to come back up a little faster cause there are some weird dips in the turns....

All in all, good time...

Looking forward to Barber  8)
Mike Simone
www.teamsimoneracing.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Did you crash that bike?  It looks nicer than some of mine have when they were new! ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Speedballer347

QuoteAfter my wreck, I bounced right back and got a 3rd and 4th place finishes..Was running faster after my wreck than before, so it is all good...

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) !!!!!
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Jeff

Good to finally meet you this last weekend...  G-man is a great track, but can collect a lot of riders.

After putting a couple hundred miles on the S. course at Autobahn, I can say that the crash truck will be in full use on our 9/10-11 weekend there too.  It's fast, but has some VERY technical stuff, and the surface is as bumpy or worse than gingerman...  Should be fun! LOL...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

extrakt0r

Quoteand the surface is as bumpy or worse than gingerman...  Should be fun! LOL...

??? Isn't ACC brand new? I would image it would be smooth as silk?   >:(
Mike Simone
www.teamsimoneracing.com

Jeff

Quote??? Isn't ACC brand new? I would image it would be smooth as silk?   >:(

The pavement is brand new, and it is smooth as silk, but it's rippled pretty bad on the S. course.

If you made suspension changes for Gingerman, I'd recommend leaving them (or going back to them) for ACC...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tzracer

Quote??? Isn't ACC brand new? I would image it would be smooth as silk?   >:(

Cars, especially heavy street cars.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

And polymer based asphalt.  The stuff is expensive, hard to do right, and I've never seen much durability in it.  Heartland Park Topeka used it in 1989.  Was a mess by 1990.  Barber was paved three times before it saw competition.  MAM is polymer, and it was breaking up the first weekend we raced bikes on it.

Blackhawk is slag based asphalt.  I think Ray is going to use the polymer stuff on HPT, but I hope he's doing it differently so that it has some durability like Blackhawk has.  I think it has held up really well.
Super Dave

Jeff

I would absolutely agree Dave, BHF has held up GREAT after the repaving...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest