light weight legal bike?

Started by lightweight, August 18, 2006, 04:57:14 PM

CounterSteerer

This just in Nate Kern is fast.

I watched Nate and Chris Boy battle it out at Daytona last year. Nate beat Chris just at the line. I asked Chris what happened he said Nate can ride the cr*p out of that bike. Not that he had more HP, he just could not believe how fast he was on that big BMW. Chris was on a Bimota with a 900ss ducati motor. Chris is one of the fastest and most knowledgeable guys I know when it comes to motorcycles (ducatis especially). This thread is funny to me because it was exactly my impression of Nate riding that BMW last year at Daytona I thought he had an advantage with all that cc and hp. That was until I talked to Chris and asked him the same thing and he said you think you can ride that thing that fast go ahead. Nate I look forward to seeing you two battling out again this year at Daytona. You should both be on the front row this year and maybe give Ed a run for his money.
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

PJ

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that there are some other bikes in Lightweight that should not be allowed?

Liquid-cooled or not, it's clear the SV 650 is just too light and too fast for the Lightweight class. It's really no fair. You see, there's this guy in the Midwest region, and he races one, and he wins all the Lightweight races! I mean all of 'em. Every single one!! What's up with that? He even won every race at the ROC last year, all seven he entered!! Clearly that SV is the dominant bike and nobody else can compete. I mean, why even try?? I say ban 'em so the rest of us poor slobs who can't afford SVs can win a few.

Plus, you should see this guy. He's like, tiny, and super old. He can barely hang on to the thing, and he still wins. He throws his back out, can't even stand up straight, and he still wins. It's the SV, man. It's just so fast! Too FAST!

Yep, those SVs need to be bumped up into Unlimited GP for sure. How does anyone else feel?

Signed,

Heavyweight
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Super Dave

Super Dave

dylanfan53

Don Cook
CCS #53

EX_#76

Quote from: PJ on August 22, 2006, 09:32:43 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that there are some other bikes in Lightweight that should not be allowed?

Liquid-cooled or not, it's clear the SV 650 is just too light and too fast for the Lightweight class. It's really no fair. You see, there's this guy in the Midwest region, and he races one, and he wins all the Lightweight races! I mean all of 'em. Every single one!! What's up with that? He even won every race at the ROC last year, all seven he entered!! Clearly that SV is the dominant bike and nobody else can compete. I mean, why even try?? I say ban 'em so the rest of us poor slobs who can't afford SVs can win a few.

Plus, you should see this guy. He's like, tiny, and super old. He can barely hang on to the thing, and he still wins. He throws his back out, can't even stand up straight, and he still wins. It's the SV, man. It's just so fast! Too FAST!

Yep, those SVs need to be bumped up into Unlimited GP for sure. How does anyone else feel?

Signed,

Heavyweight

Stop Stop Stop I can't breath!!!!  ROFLOL
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Gsbrdr

Guys, I had the chance to ride one of these BMW's down at roebling, now don't get me wrong, i am not the fast guy out there but that BMW is definitely not a racing machine per say. I felt like I should be pulling over to the rode side cafe for a latte or something. You really need to have some skills to make this thing go fast. And with Nate never being on any of my Mille's he jumped on my 03 and turned a 19 on his 1st lap then again at shenadoah he took my 04 for a ride and turned 33's. So in short, it is not the bike.....It is the rider. When he runs supertwins against me I get spanked every time by him. But yet i pull him down the straights like he was standing still. His ablility makes up for it in the infield.

spyderchick

Signed,

Heavyweight

The older you be, the faster you go... :biggrin:

Next year, that rider plans to race in a full body cast. Won't be anything physically wrong, he justs feels you guys deserve a shot.  :lmao:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

ahastings

Nate is a very good rider and am sure he would be winning either way, but I think the new BMW 1200 is too much for the lightweight SS class . I'd be curious to see   how the horsepower and weight compare to an SV . The average SS SV 650 is around 75 hp and 390 lbs . An SV 1000 is around 115 hp and 430 lbs, I would guess the new BMW closer to that. I switched to the lightweight stuff this year as a cheaper alternative to running GSXRs, I think I could buy 2 SVs for the cost of one BMW. Class strucutures are modified all the time to keep current with available machinery, I agree that this should be looked at, allow the bike in GP and SB, but not SS .
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

EX_#76

Signed,

Heavyweight

A couple of years ago at RA I was hanging out by the dyno after thunderbike qualifying with Dean Haggmann and Estock.  We were bullshitting around and eventually the subject turned to Ed's physical stature.  Estock had said somthing that made us all crack up.  Estock said "It's one thing to have him beat you....  but then you see him in his pits without his leathers on...  and man, that hurts.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

BiZ

Quote from: lightweight on August 18, 2006, 04:57:14 PM
Is it me, or does any one else feel that some bikes in light weight should not be allowed, like the new BMW's. Air cooled or not, they are just too big and fast for a light weight class. the new Moto-St series considers it a heavy weight twin. I think in CCS it should be at least a middle weight, not a light weight. how does anyone else feel

This is in reference only to the opening statement. Haven't read the whole thread yet...

BMW claims 122 horsepower, and 430lbs dry for the R1200S. Is this bike legal in CCS's lightweight classes? Doesn't BMW make an 800 twin? Maybe that'd be a little more appropriate in the lightweight classes.

For sure Nate is fast as shit. He was goin' through that kink before the start finish at Shenandoah at a disturbing pace. IMHO faster then everyone else, including that nutty novice kid. It was scary to even watch.

Gixxerblade

"That guy" usually doesn't do too bad in MW races either on his Bemmer.